Strange boot problem...

Associate
I've been having this same boot problem on and off, for about 4 weeks now.

What happens is, when I press the power button, the PC fires up, lights come on, fans start turning, but only for a second, where the power then cuts off.

3-4 seconds later, the boot resumes as normal? Now, before when this happened, I was having sound issues which I fixed by doing some driver cleaning, disabling this and that in BIOS. This boot problem was a symptom before I fixed it, but it has come back.

Could this be related to overclocking? I currently have my E6750 overclocked at 3.4Ghz, and my RAM at 850Mhz; maybe a power consumption issue? I'm lost anyway, so if anyone can suggest why I'm getting this problem then I'd be very grateful indeed!

Soldato
I have the P5K-VM (basically your board in micro ATX format) and mine does this when I change a setting in the BIOS and click to save and exit. It exits, powers down, waits a few seconds, and resumes.

It could be a setting in there. I'd go back, and have a look at everything you changed, and try to figure out if it could be one of those. Sounds to me like every time you boot up it's changing it's BIOS settings.

Associate
OP
I was thinking about doing that, however, I just checked my BIOS settings and realized that for some strange reason, the boot configuration was completely upside down (Floppy was Primary???) so I changed it, saved, rebooted into Vista, then shut down so to perform a cold boot. Cold booted it and it was fine?

Back
Top Bottom