Strange buzzing noise

Permabanned
Hello guys,

After I put my new 7850 in yesterday all my friends on Ventrilo have been complaining that my mic has a loud buzzing noise in the background.

It only seems to crop up when I'm playing games i.e under load. I run with an Asus Xonar DG sound card which is parallel to the graphics card and very close to it so I have a feeling it's interfering with it.

What can I possibly do to prevent it ? There isn't a PCI slot further away so keeping them both close is the only option.

Associate
Have you tried muting the mic while gaming? Does the sound disappear? If so maybe a mic sensitivity issue, some mic amplifiers really pick up on everything, if so fixable using the slider in sound options. Is the buzzing intermittent or constant when "gaming"? Where is the Mic plugged in, case or sound card? Have you tried both providing the DG has the front IO connected.

Permabanned
OP
Have you tried muting the mic while gaming? Does the sound disappear? If so maybe a mic sensitivity issue, some mic amplifiers really pick up on everything, if so fixable using the slider in sound options. Is the buzzing intermittent or constant when "gaming"? Where is the Mic plugged in, case or sound card? Have you tried both providing the DG has the front IO connected.

Muting the mic doesn't make a difference, still sounds like a static buzzing noise in the background that happens every couple of seconds. When I'm not gaming it happens every now and then and it's quieter, however in a game it enhances the noise and happens frequently. My Razer Carcharias is plugged into my Asus Xonar DG which is right next to the graphics card so I have a feeling it's the graphics card interfering with it. Is there something like a piece of material I can put in between them to stop the static jumping across ?

Permabanned
OP
I've now removed the sound card as green flickers started going across my screen so I thought I'd get shot of it before it does more damage. The gap in between the sound card and graphics card was less than a centimeter so I'm almost certain something dodgy was going on there.

Top Bottom