Strange issue installing windows 11

Soldato
I have a B450 and 5800x and 16gb ram as my main components at work with windows 11 pro installed, been having a few issues recently so thought i'd just wipe it and start fresh, upon boot after making the usb stick with windows media creation tool it tells me that windows 11 isn't supported on this machine despite it already having it installed, that was using a fresh ssd to install on, anyone had anything similar??

Soldato
I have a B450 and 5800x and 16gb ram as my main components at work with windows 11 pro installed, been having a few issues recently so thought i'd just wipe it and start fresh, upon boot after making the usb stick with windows media creation tool it tells me that windows 11 isn't supported on this machine despite it already having it installed, that was using a fresh ssd to install on, anyone had anything similar??
Do you have TPM and secure boot enabled in the bios? as these are required for Windows 11

Soldato
to install windows on unsupported hardware you need to make the installer usb with rufus to bypass the system requirements, here are the links I saved which helped me get it done:

Soldato
B450 and 5800X is supported anyway, so shouldn't need to do any bypassing. One easiest method to ensure it's W11-proof is to update to the latest BIOS and then reset it to default settings, it should have all the options needed by W11 turned on.

If that doesn't work, as above make sure TPM and secure boot is enabled. CSM will need to be disabled as well for secure boot to turn on. Some boards will have the secure boot keys at custom/user, you need to set this to standard so it loads up the default built-in keys. Once all that's done W11 should be happy to install now.

Back
Top Bottom