Strange mouse bug at 4k in game menus

Associate
I'm hoping this is the right section as this only seems to occur in games, not all games but Fallout 4 being the latest.

When in the game menus the mouse movement is restricted, like there's an invisible border and when the pointer reaches it you can't go any further. This means you can't access the bottom and top edges of the screen and in some cases can't select certain options. It's like the screen is 4k and the mouse area is a different resolution.

Any help would be most appreciated as it only occurs in certain games but it's getting very annoying. I'm not certain but I think it happens at 4k only. I tried Google and found similar problems but no solution and it was difficult to word the search.

Associate
Never seen the problem in my 4k gaming across a lot of different games, have you tried going from full screen to windowed and back again to see if it cures it? Possibly try alt-tab to your desktop and then back to the game as well.

Caporegime
I tend to use controllers to navigate menus but when I do occasionally have to use a mouse, this isn't ringing any bells with me.

Like Sh4rkie said, make sure it's Fullscreen and not 'Borderless window'

Specifically what games?

Associate
OP
Never seen the problem in my 4k gaming across a lot of different games, have you tried going from full screen to windowed and back again to see if it cures it? Possibly try alt-tab to your desktop and then back to the game as well.

Yeah I've tried the alt tabbing before but there's no change. I'm running Fallout 4 full screen as there's no 4k option for me windowed or borderless, only 1440p. I'll have a check though and see if it's definitely only in 4k. Doesn't do it in GTA V but there was a couple more that I can't recall of the top of my head, I'll investigate.

is it with DSR or VSR ?

some games gui doesnt scale well. this can be the game but can also be windows related.

Native 4k (40" Philips BDM4065UC) though I do have a custom resolution set in Nvidia control panel (3840x1634) though it's not active but the restriction on the mouse might tally with the custom resolution size. Don't really want to remove the custom res but I'll give it a go.

Thanks for the input people

Associate
OP
Just removed the custom resolution but made no difference but I noticed that the mouse is restricted to the upper let portion of the screen, like this image:

Image1.jpg

Soldato
I'm hoping this is the right section as this only seems to occur in games, not all games but Fallout 4 being the latest.

When in the game menus the mouse movement is restricted, like there's an invisible border and when the pointer reaches it you can't go any further. This means you can't access the bottom and top edges of the screen and in some cases can't select certain options. It's like the screen is 4k and the mouse area is a different resolution.

Any help would be most appreciated as it only occurs in certain games but it's getting very annoying. I'm not certain but I think it happens at 4k only. I tried Google and found similar problems but no solution and it was difficult to word the search.

Happens in STALKER and sometimes Skyrim for me, when DSR is enabled.

Associate
OP
Happens in STALKER and sometimes Skyrim for me, when DSR is enabled.

Yeah I believe I may have had it on STALKER also but DSR is disabled in Nvidia control panel.

Just tested and I get same problem at 1440p also, tried various settings in Control Panel but same results :confused:

Back
Top Bottom