Strange one

Soldato
Grrr the hdmi link on ps5 is different if it on when turn tv on the ps turns on etc.

The Xbox did it all differently and how should

I don't want ps turning on when I turn tv on. I like turn ps on and it turn tv on and correct hdmi. But it not doing as Xbox did

Associate
Grrr the hdmi link on ps5 is different if it on when turn tv on the ps turns on etc.

The Xbox did it all differently and how should

I don't want ps turning on when I turn tv on. I like turn ps on and it turn tv on and correct hdmi. But it not doing as Xbox did
Settings cog wheel thing on the startup screen for the PS5 > Settings > System > HDMI; disable HDMI Device Link

Associate
But I want it on I like it when it works on the Xbox but ps5 does r act the same way
Right, misunderstood what you were asking about, I think the PS turning on is because the source it had selected when it went to standby.

Might be worth changing the source then turn them off and see what happens; even if it isn't 100% what you are after?

Might also be a setting on the TV for device link to make it mono-directional control I guess.

Soldato
Yeah it’s picking up the last active device. Mine does it too. If I don’t want to turn my PS5 on I just press the Netflix button on the remote then go to where I want from there.

Soldato
If I understand your post correctly I suggest you do two things.

1. In PS5 HDMI settings, disable power off link option.

2. On your TV, go to power settings and see if you have the option to change it from last used source to tv Home Screen or something like that.

Obviously this really hinges on whether your TV has those sort of settings.

Back
Top Bottom