• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Strange performance in Gtx 560 Ti 448

Associate
Hello

First, my setup:
Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 @2.33 Ghz
4 gb DDR2 ram
Evga Gtx 560 Ti 448 Classified
800W psu

Recently I upgraded from my old Zotac Gtx 275 896 mb to Evga Gtx 560 Ti 448 Classified (bought from overclockers).
I definitely noticed an increased performance, but not by an awful lot. Let's say, battlefield 3 for example:
With Gtx 275, I could get easily about 40 frames on 1080p and medium settings, and about 120 frames on 720p. Now, after an upgrade it jumps all over the place. On some maps, I can go 1080p and ultra and have constant 30, while on others I go 1080p and low and I get max of 40. This is very strange, as with gtx 275 I had little to no difference, it stayed constant.

Another example would be bfbc2, using my gtx 275 on these settings http://i.imgur.com/86jO3.jpg I was getting constant 50-60. With the same settings on my 560, I only get about 20. Meanwhile, if I crank it up to these settings http://i.imgur.com/pmAJu.jpg I get (strangely) nearly 50.
I understand that my cpu and memory will bottleneck this card, but it doesn't explain this behaviour. If anyone has suggestions, I would be thankful.

Soldato
Your cpu is bottlenecking the card.

The reason why your fps where constant on the 275 was because the cpu wasnt too much of a bottleneck for the 2750, but for the 560 the fps are jumping all over the place based on games, becuas some games need a faster more powerfull cpu and your is holding back the performance of the 560.

I say see if you can overclock the cpu to 3Ghz.

Soldato
+1 Sounds like a CPU bottleneck

You should be able to confirm this by monitoring your CPU and GPU usage while playing a game.

Also, I wouldn't recommend running your games with Vsync on if you are not achieving a relatively constant 60FPS+ framerate.

Associate
OP
I usually don't. but I put it on just to see how the framerate would vary. And it went up.
I may try overclocking it, thanks for such quick response.

Back
Top Bottom