Strange smell in the house

Don
Funnily enough I noticed mine had some water in it last week and had to soak it away with paper towels as there is no drain plug,it wasn't smelly though.

it normally just evaporates away due to the proximity to the hot compressor at the rear of the fridge - you get problems though if something leaks or spills in the bottom of the fridge (e.g. milk or meat juices), which then run to the drip tray and the warm environment allows the bacteria to grow.

Associate
it normally just evaporates away due to the proximity to the hot compressor at the rear of the fridge - you get problems though if something leaks or spills in the bottom of the fridge (e.g. milk or meat juices), which then run to the drip tray and the warm environment allows the bacteria to grow.

Makes sense.

Soldato
I'm guessing damp.

We had it in my daughters room, odd smell, turned out to be a mould on the wall and a wicker basket from the damp in one corner. Cleaned everything and moved stuff around, it's never come back.

Man of Honour
We have a CO detector nearby, would've thought would go off. But certainly not a gas smell. Not sure what damp/mildew smells like :confused: lol

I'm not sure whether that would detect a very tiny gas leak. It can be a musty smell. We had a smell which no one thought was gas and couldn't be traced but luckily for us was discovered by accident.

Back
Top Bottom