Strava Live Segments Question

Associate
Sorry for keep posting stupid questions, but I gots ta know.

I'm the moment I'm using the free version of Starva.
But if I upgraded to premium and used the mobile app, a compatible Garmin watch or Head Unit.
Can you star/favourite multiple overlapping segments and get progress reports for each segment as you ride through them?

i.e.
Segment 1 is from mile marker 1 to mile 10.
Segment 2 is from mile marker 2 to mile 5
Segment 3 is from mile marker 6 to mile 9.
Segment 4 is from mile marker 3 to mile 8

Or do you have to use segments that follow in a sequence, with no overlaps, because the system can't cope?

Thank you :)

Soldato
The only segment that will get you live stats is the first starred segment you begin, until you finish that segment, or you deviate off the segment route as far as your recording device is concerned.

Associate
How do you do this? I have issue that many of my starred segments don't trigger. I assume it's because it's close/overlap other starred segements. (I have a Wahoo ELEMNT)

They should all trigger if your on the same route.

You press the SGMT button on the display to cycle though them.

Associate
I used this again yesterday.

I had 5 segments loaded in total. I could see the first coming up and heard the beep, then another 2 beeps as the other 2 overlapping segments were picked up.

Pressing the SGMT button would cycle through the 3 that were "active".

Soldato
Oh, I get what you mean by SGMT button, sorry. Thinking about it, I've always tried to make sure segments don't overlap, as I thought it was this that give it problems.

Surely, it must have the latest firmware, I connect my phone each time I use it, it checks itself, right?

Definitely, some of my starred segments don't work though. :(

Associate
Oh, I get what you mean by SGMT button, sorry. Thinking about it, I've always tried to make sure segments don't overlap, as I thought it was this that give it problems.

Surely, it must have the latest firmware, I connect my phone each time I use it, it checks itself, right?

Definitely, some of my starred segments don't work though. :(

I think Strava has stopped some segments showing if they're deemed to be "down hill". There's more info about it in the Elemnt Google groups.

Back
Top Bottom