streaming avi files to tv??? can it be done?

Man of Honour
yep there's a few that do, OcUK don't sell them :( yet, all though I have added it to the product suggestion.

Philips SL300i Wireless Media Player
NetGear Wireless Digital Media Player

Last edited:
Associate
Solution used for many years :)

Hook a tv sender up to PC tv output and the receiver to TV input.

None of them are good enough for HD yet, but are cheap.

Permabanned
breamy1990 said:
i use a modded xbox on my network with xbmc onit then stream using my network shares on the pc's/servers

Best option imho. 360 route is full of headaches and limitations compared to the amazing XBMC.

Associate
I haven't used Media Centre to stream to the 360, going to be giving that a go soon. But try googling TVersity. Excellent software for streaming to the 360. Im not sure if there are any file types Media Centre wont stream, but TVersity does everything.

Also you dont need to have MC installed to use TVersity. IMO its the best method for streaming, it's free for 360 and no modding required (ala Xbox). If you give it a go and get stuck setting it up give me a shout ill see if I can help. Although I couldnt get Media Centre to work off my laptop with the 360 at all. Im going to try it with Vista though, see if its better than TVersity.

Last edited:
Associate
Ok, so I tried Vista MC last night. Had some problems playing divx files, until I downloaded Transcode360. I wont be using TVersity again. But that's not because there is anything wrong with it, still best way to go if you are not running XP Media Centre or Vista. It's just the MC is better :D

Associate
I have xp media centre and a 360 and you have to convert your avi files to wmv files. So as mentioned before use some other software to connect your 360 to your pc to stream video it is what i think i will do this weekend. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom