Street Fighter 5 - coming to PC

Soldato
OP
Marvel vs Capcom will never happen on PC they are way too protective of the IP so Capcom are not allowed to do anything else with it & when the licence expires they have to remove it from sale on existing platforms as well even the digital copies :eek:

Permabanned
About time cross platform play was done tbh. I do not care what M$ said in the testing they did I know for a fact my son sometimes uses his pad in bed for Left 4 Dead 2 and can keep up and win matches against K/M users as I have seen his scores.

If you are talking about hardcore PvP proper competitive games like CS:GO do and other games do then sure fine, but for casual gamers pad vs K/M is just fine.

Soldato
Well i don't know what i was thinking, but i just dumped £70 for the Ultra pack on steam with a season pass. Ibuki was one of my two mains so i guess getting her off the bat will mean i get more time to get used to her before the crowd

Also apparently because i pre-order on steam i get the alt costume for Chun-Li (My other main) and get to join the Beta!

So for those also in the Beta i will be around from Sunday evening

Soldato
Well i don't know what i was thinking, but i just dumped £70 for the Ultra pack on steam with a season pass. Ibuki was one of my two mains so i guess getting her off the bat will mean i get more time to get used to her before the crowd

Also apparently because i pre-order on steam i get the alt costume for Chun-Li (My other main) and get to join the Beta!

So for those also in the Beta i will be around from Sunday evening

You can get all the dlc characters for free by playing the game as far as I know. If you just wanted Ibuki you may have earnt enough fight money by the time she is released to get her straight away.

Soldato
You can get all the dlc characters for free by playing the game as far as I know. If you just wanted Ibuki you may have earnt enough fight money by the time she is released to get her straight away.

Yeah i know now, oh well it's done, hopefully they'll add some more content later for those of us who coughed up money to make it worth while

Soldato
Associate
Interesting, it seems loading times are capped relative to the speed of UI animation etc on PC, so the mod just speeds up the animations? heh. When playing online though you'll still be limited by the load times of the other player... getting matched to a PS4 player means waiting on a white screen even longer :p.

The vsync .ini doesn't seem worth it if you play online, might cause some issues.

I have a few costume mods installed but won't touch any settings mods like these myself.

Soldato
The load screen mod is amazing it makes so much difference even if your matched against someone without the mod it still reduces your load times by around 30 seconds at the end of your match (when you go back to training room), so this mod saves you between 30 seconds and 1 minute every match depending if the other person has the mod or not. I can't understand why capcom hasn't already fixed this them selves it's crazy all this waiting around is just for animations not actual loading.

Turning off vsync doesn't effect online play in any other fighting game I ever played and shouldn't have anything to do with netcode but this game is a bit dodgy so who know's. I do use it online.

Associate
the mod it still reduces your load times by around 30 seconds at the end of your match (when you go back to training room)

Ah didn't think of that, that would indeed save quite a bit of time overall. Will prob give it a try sometime then, maybe after the Kolin update so it's been out in the wild and tested a bit longer.

The vsync mod/tweak seems like it may offer an unfair advantage which is a concern. Does it actually reduce that 6(?) frames of input lag both PC and PS4 have?

Last edited:
Soldato
Ah didn't think of that, that would indeed save quite a bit of time overall. Will prob give it a try sometime then, maybe after the Kolin update so it's been out in the wild and tested a bit longer.

The vsync mod/tweak seems like it may offer an unfair advantage which a concern. Does it actually reduce that 6(?) frames of input lag both PC and PS4 have?
Yes it definitely does reduce it to nicer level there is graph here taken from the video showing the difference between vsync on and off.

There is a test video below which goes into a lot of detail. It's a bit of an old video but as far as I'm aware the figures are still the same as pc input lag never got patched and this is pc test.
https://youtu.be/kYCW0Dfixv4

Associate
Can you recommend me any costume mods I haven't tried any yet

Depends on what characters you play and your tastes I guess. I only have 3 installed for the 2 characters I play.

Some costume mods don't look up to par compared to the official ones or are just silly or are nude mods, but there are a good handful that are up there and had lot of work put into them.

There's a reddit SFV mods board with links to more or less all costume/stage/music mods (check the top thread on there).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom