Street Fighter (SFIV, SSFIV, HDR)

Man of Honour
gg's jambo and ojste.

Jambo:

- Teach adz some of those Ryu combo's
- If you win with a character, please stick with them so I can learn to beat them
- Try not to cycle characters so much as it weakens your game, pick 2-3 characterss and stand by them

ojste:

- Not bad, but you need to do fewer mashed DP's. Was it you who complained about tick throw online abuse too? ;)

Both:

- I refuse to play anything less than a full bar connetion, which is why people get kicked/I stop playing.
- gg's, I had fun :)

Soldato
i reversaled you out of one combo so that equals one mashed dp in 4 games? lol. i tried to mash some in the early games on wake on your cross over, which is why i ate so many in a row.. that was more testing than anything.

also... ken with no kara throw is gimped.

you should stay and play more.. i need practice vs people with good defense and train myself not to jump in so much

Man of Honour
Not just against me :)

I would have played more, but as I said, I won't play a 3 bar game.

Jumping in is awesome, just do it safely as most AA's have been nerfed in super so it's much more viable if done properly.

Ambiguous air ex-tatsu combo into heavy tatsu leads the Ken's 50-50 mixup which is awesome, you should learn that setup.

Last edited:
Soldato
its temporary like i said, most people i play i see a flash of yellow connection every now and then. judge it by what its like in game

ill take on board what you said but i very rarely mash.. if i miss a shoryu its normally just a bad read rather than mashed out... or maybe just poorly spaced. i do use shoryu meterless if im fairly confident that it will hit. perhaps i should be more careful though :)

also is there a way to beat out/stuff deejays flash kick type move on his wake up? or am i not supposed to jump at him?

Man of Honour
I just noticed it a few times, meant it more as a passing comment rather than trying to be nasty :)

The game we had before I noticed your bars was pretty laggy.

As a note, my ambiguous crossups get spanked by correctly timed ex-dp's.

To beat wake up up-kicks:

1 - Early jump, block as a bait
2 - Air tatsu to make it whiff and then punish
3 - DJ has the worst wake-up game in SSFIV, just do a grounded 50-50 mixup as all his specials get beaten by any low move/dp

DeeJay is a pretty poor character to be honest once you learn about his terrible wakeup and poor zoning against any fireball character.

Soldato
its fair to say that i can be reckless with shoryu and that i take a gamble in general :p

stay grounded then on your wake then, gotcha.

i jumped too much when you had down charge... awful stuff. i need to play around with kens improved overheads, i think i mis-spaced all of them :D

im not overly keen on a non hit-confirmable hk tatsu combo... having that blocked is game over but i do need to look into my air tatsu setups.

Soldato
played a few games on the ps3 at my cousins. i noticed there seem to be input lag with the wireless controller, and the online lag is noticeably worst than the xbox.

this is probably a lame excuse, but i lost to a flowchart ken, because he keep spamming and mashing the reversal shoryuken, on top of that the light srk is unpunishable (i wont go into that again, but everyone knows why). and lag was so bad i couldnt even double up a c.lp, bnb ex legs or tick throw with chun li, so everytime i attacked i eat a srk in the face. should have picked t.hawk to anti srk spam.

its very annoying to lose to such things like this. i dont think i will be playing online on his ps3 ever again.

Soldato
played a few games on the ps3 at my cousins. i noticed there seem to be input lag with the wireless controller, and the online lag is noticeably worst than the xbox.

this is probably a lame excuse, but i lost to a flowchart ken, because he keep spamming and mashing the reversal shoryuken, on top of that the light srk is unpunishable (i wont go into that again, but everyone knows why). and lag was so bad i couldnt even double up a c.lp, bnb ex legs or tick throw with chun li, so everytime i attacked i eat a srk in the face. should have picked t.hawk to anti srk spam.

its very annoying to lose to such things like this. i dont think i will be playing online on his ps3 ever again.

its not the ps3. if you're noticing input lag it will be the tv thats causing the problem, check for a "game" mode on the tv as it should turn off all the features which may cause input lag.

as for lag online, that one is fairly obvious

Soldato

First time I've ever heard of that, might try it out with Ryu's cr.mp cr.mp cr.hk to see if I get anywhere.

ggs, i'm happy with my 1W3L with Cammy :D
I sent you some msgs on GFWL, take a peek

Holy information overload lol, thanks for the tips although most this technical stuff goes way over my head, but you had some useful things to say regarding the rufus games which I wasn't thinking off so cheers :)

Good games though, it's disgusting how quick to seem to pick up new characters. :p

BTW I forgot to ask you, you know how we use to have problems connecting and you had to change router, do you still do that now?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom