Student Discount ?

Associate
Student discount, I wish.

Think they should get some OcUK socks and send them to us. No not off Gary in the cherry picking department, new ones please :)

// Also that font hurts my eyes, stop trying to be different.

Last edited:
Associate
Lol I wouldn't think so. I remember a guy asking for a student discount from a local when I was in Amsterdam and he got charged double price XD

was the sales guy/girl from the middle east, because thats what our culture do. RRP is £200 but today and for you only, i do special price £380!

Soldato
Ha, student discount....I wish!

I know Apple do them, but they put about 50-100% on top of what their systems are worth anyway!

Do people in the middle east really do that with haggling? Seriously? That seems odd to me since we're so used to our barter-free lifestyle. I've haggled for stuff like tuk tuks and food in india, but when I tried to haggle for my phone contract here they just had no idea what I was talking about and I was met with a confused face, crazy. Managed to take almost half off my virgin media bill by haggling though, was pleased with that. Seems hit and miss here in the UK.

Associate
Ha, student discount....I wish!

I know Apple do them, but they put about 50-100% on top of what their systems are worth anyway!

Do people in the middle east really do that with haggling? Seriously? That seems odd to me since we're so used to our barter-free lifestyle. I've haggled for stuff like tuk tuks and food in india, but when I tried to haggle for my phone contract here they just had no idea what I was talking about and I was met with a confused face, crazy. Managed to take almost half off my virgin media bill by haggling though, was pleased with that. Seems hit and miss here in the UK.

went to a restuarant once and the guy gave us a food menu, the prices were both in arabic numbers, my lady didn't understand it but i did, later when we got the bill they wanted like £90 (equivellent) but we ordered about £30 worth of stuff, so i asked the menu to be brought back, and the guy gave us a different latin menu, exactly the same except it had 300% mark up lol.

or if you go to a store that has no prices tags on the foods, there is a reason for that, the locals know the prices but tourists get ripped off.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom