Stupid school rules your school had

Soldato
1, My high school introduced a one way system around the school to prevent fights and bullying in the corridors. I was on crutches for a couple of weeks for a foot injury. 2-3 times a week, I had lessons in a classroom which meant I had to walk 95% of the perimeter of the school. This was the first time (and still is) I was on crutches. The school expected me to go around the whole school along with my friend who was carrying my bag. My parents were furious on why they couldn't make pupils in my situation the exception to the rules. The school didn't reply. This one way system also applied to the toilets too as allocated a block per year group. Then got told off for being late. When you were just following two school rules - one way system and using the correct loos. I heard a lad got detention as he felt sick and rushed out the classroom to be sick in the toilets. He was in the wrong year group loos. For goodness sake, how bloody petty is that? What's better? Being sick in any toilet or down a corridor?

2. One of my years, final lesson on Fridays was PE. We were expected to get changed to go home. Don't understand this at all, esp. as I lived 7 mins walk from the school. No point in getting changed for 10 mins. There was a gap in the hedges at the back of the PE changing hut. Always went through this gap. One time the teacher caught me on the other side of the road. I said I am off the school grounds now, cant tell me off.

3. We weren't allowed to wear roll neck tops under our shirts but could wear a patterned t-shirt under the white shirts.

Soldato
OP
How's that magical boundary rule you made up supposed to work in a school that micromanages the direction you can travel within school grounds?

You're still in your school PE kit no? I remember getting in trouble for being rowdy on the bus on the way to school aged 11... some old woman was glaring at us for most of the journey (it didn't help that one kid has been pushed and stumbled down the aisle and trod on her foot too!). turned out she was a "personal friend" of head of our year, she came into school having remembered our faces and then gone through the yearbook full of passport photos and identified all of us... we got so much grief for it because there have been prior warnings in assembly about kids mucking around on the bus on the way to school; multiple detentions.
The teacher wanted me to get back to school to get changed back into my uniform for me to get changed again 10 mins later.

I remember it was the day we broke up for Easter.

I’m sure the teachers wanted to leave earlier that day.

Back
Top Bottom