Stupid school rules your school had

Soldato
1, My high school introduced a one way system around the school to prevent fights and bullying in the corridors. I was on crutches for a couple of weeks for a foot injury. 2-3 times a week, I had lessons in a classroom which meant I had to walk 95% of the perimeter of the school. This was the first time (and still is) I was on crutches. The school expected me to go around the whole school along with my friend who was carrying my bag. My parents were furious on why they couldn't make pupils in my situation the exception to the rules. The school didn't reply. This one way system also applied to the toilets too as allocated a block per year group. Then got told off for being late. When you were just following two school rules - one way system and using the correct loos. I heard a lad got detention as he felt sick and rushed out the classroom to be sick in the toilets. He was in the wrong year group loos. For goodness sake, how bloody petty is that? What's better? Being sick in any toilet or down a corridor?

2. One of my years, final lesson on Fridays was PE. We were expected to get changed to go home. Don't understand this at all, esp. as I lived 7 mins walk from the school. No point in getting changed for 10 mins. There was a gap in the hedges at the back of the PE changing hut. Always went through this gap. One time the teacher caught me on the other side of the road. I said I am off the school grounds now, cant tell me off.

3. We weren't allowed to wear roll neck tops under our shirts but could wear a patterned t-shirt under the white shirts.

Soldato
No British Bulldog

Was allowed until Primary 4 (when I was about 9) then banned after one of the kids ran head first into the corner of a wall and knocked himself out.
It was the only game that united big, small, skinny, fat, boy and girls in fun and mayhem. I blame the rule for the downfall of civilisation, it's there and then Armageddon started folks.

Permabanned
No British Bulldog

Was allowed until Primary 4 (when I was about 9) then banned after one of the kids ran head first into the corner of a wall and knocked himself out.
It was the only game that united big, small, skinny, fat, boy and girls in fun and mayhem. I blame the rule for the downfall of civilisation, it's there and then Armageddon started folks.

Clothesssssssssssssss line

Soldato
Everyone sings the hymns an recites prayers outloud or you got detention - in a bog standard council estate mid 80's high school, not a catholic/CofE school.

It also had dancing as a PE lesson, as in waltz etc alongside foitball/rugby etc.

Such an odd school.

Caporegime
No staring in the showers and if you happen to even glance at another persons bits you were probably mortally bullied.
No bringing in electronics on that one day of the year when you don't have lessons either, I remember people bringing consoles when I was at Junior school lol

would have been a master system

Soldato
No British Bulldog

I remember these games as a kid. Teachers would have a fit these days.

Capodecina
Soldato
Boys and girls weren't allowed to talk to each other. The girls had to wear ankle-length skirts or be sent home. The boys had to paint the school building in their holidays.

I could go on but I won't.

Back
Top Bottom