Stupid update!

Soldato
So after some tips, I have tried 3 times to get the bloody creates update on it gets stuck at 32% or 23% I can delete the update and try it again but same happens. I end up having to force shut pc off then it restores to Windows prior the update. Not sure of the fix? Gotta say whilst I like Windows 10 it's update system is bloody awful

Soldato
Just curious but why don't you just wait for it to be offered to you through Windows update..?

Thankfully I had a backed up image to go back to.

MS stated that installing it outside of the normal Windows update can cause issues.

Soldato
OP
It is installing via Windows update, I haven't tried to put it on myself. After everything I heard I'd rather it not go on, Windows keeps trying to apply it regardless.

Soldato
...ah, for me it just states that....

Good news! The Windows 10 Creators Update is on its way. Want to be one of the first to get it?

I installed the CU twice, after having a "clean and lean" windows 10 install with updated drivers, on both separate times I had issues with low memory warnings and excessive (40GB plus) commit charge issues. Luckily I had a a Macrium Reflect backup.

On my media server I have, under the advanced options, ticked to defer feature updates. Not sure if this applies to the CU update tho.

I would strongly advise having a backed up image of your working Windows 10 before the CU does get installed.

BTW The warning of manually installing the CU was noted here.....

http://news.softpedia.com/news/micr...tors-update-could-break-down-pcs-515219.shtml

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom