Stuttering Audio

Associate
A while ago i did something like installed a program or drivers and my audio has developed a stutter, left it a while and i'm not sure now when it started. I haven't posted it in the audio section because I'm not sure it is a audio problem but that is the issue.

It is very brief stutter then curries on as normal. There is no definite time between stutters and it seems to do it with any audio/visual format.

So far i've removed nero( not sure if installing that was the start of it), removed and installed all video / audio drivers and codecs. Ran a registry clean, tried old and new drivers and punched the poop out of my keyboard and none of it has worked.

System is whats in my sig. I'm i missing something such as not going far enough into removing a driver? Its driving me nuts and i can't really use my pc from music much and it will crash games occasionally.

Soldato
is it onboard sound or a soundcard, also, do you have another soundcard to test it with? Not that i expect it to be hardware, it just eliminates drivers etc as well.

Associate
OP
Its onboard sound and no i don't have any other sound card to test.
Using any new CPU/GPU temp/fan speed monitoring software?
Yes i'm using speedfan but have always used speedfan and never cause a problem previously.

Associate
I have a similar problem, except its roughly 1 in every 10-15 times i turn my computer on. If theres any audio playing it will play about 1 and a half seconds of sound then it will stutter for about half a second, then play normally for about 1 and a half seconds, and just repeat forever until i restart. Then it doesnt do it again for about another 10-15 turn ons and offs.

I always restart the computer when it happens unless i just need to check my e-mails or whatever, but thinking about it im pretty sure video stutters with the audio at the same time. Maybe its dodgy GTX295 drivers...

Top Bottom