Stuttering in ALL games ideas?

Caporegime
My New Pc is stuttering... So far I've noticed it in Goat Simulator and Civilisation 5

Specs.

6700k @ 4600mhz, 16gb ram at 3000mhz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING,
MSI 780GTX. Windows 10. Sata3 6G SSDs are where the games are installed.

This is a 40s clip for Goat simulator ( on special offer this weekend couldn't resist)

The first time the goat gets hit by the car i experience a slight lag/pause.
Fps dropped from a locked? 62 down to 54

At the end of the video the game essential locks up FPS drops down to 0 reawakens at 30fps then recovers back to 62 next frame.

I dunno why but shadowplay didn't record the overlays.

Latest graphics drivers from Nvidia. Im using onboard sound. But i have a Soundblaster Titanium PCIe available.

Something is causing a very slight delay when the sound is processed of the goat hitting the car?

Googling issues like this don't really help "its the ram or your PSU are not powerful enough are the usual answers" Im confident that both are sufficient

Really please anyone got any bloody help im gonna try more games to see if i can replicate this further.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
I noticed it in civ 5 as a units attack animation and sound effects begin there is a very slight pause.

I guess it's going to be driver related. I have noticed the gfx and a sound device share a same irq.

I also tried it in world of warships but noticed nothing.

I guess I'll begin exploring this conflict. Turn off onboard sound or change the pcie slot on the 780.

I foresee a future of formatting and reinstalling ahead. I hope it's something trivial.
Is there any software I can run that will be able to report back what's causing the minute bottleneck?

Caporegime
OP
updated bios
had a firmware upgrade for an SSD.

DPC latency checker its deffo saying there are issues. This is all new to me so i dont wanna go bonkers on it but there's deffo something wrong.

They are pointing to Direct X stuff and the Nvidia driver.

Its starting to look like a format C and start from scratch with that latest beta Nvidia driver and turning off onboard sound which seems to share the same IRQ as my x16 PCIE and another motherboard device.... This is far from ideal.

Caporegime
OP
Aye will do. I'm looking for my USB drive with win 10 on by I really CBA... I love computers but I hate them too sometimes

I just got a windows update from 10809 or something to 14908 or something wtf is this all about.

Seems mine hasn't updated since launch day?

Caporegime
OP
Just reinstalled.

Only uypdated gfx driver and using SB XFI titanium which ios a real pita to set up still, i know why i dumped it before.

The latency monitor is at least 20x lower so far.

Ill have to run my goat test :p

Caporegime
OP
Mines still doing it So im going to give up for a while, defeated.

Dunno what else to even try.

Ill try some real games, see if its still stuttering but im done for now.

Glad yours is fixed !

Caporegime
OP
Well civ 5 was smooth as hell.

I need to install something a bit juicy to test it.

Ive got Black ops 3 ill try that, its not amazingly taxing but should do the job. I dont hink i can max it on a 780gtx

Caporegime
OP
Thanks to everyone that posted

Mine seems to be working properly now using an older blend of drivers.

I have no idea what caused it. I let windows 10 install most of the motherboard drivers and didn't use any of the ASUS ones.
I'm using some older PAX drivers for windows 10, the latest ones just didn't even want to install.....
Time to get the overclock back running and test that goat one more time.

I cant believe it took me a crappy 3 euro GOAT SIMULATOR to decide my system wasn't feeling right.

Back
Top Bottom