Stuttering in ALL games ideas?

Caporegime
My New Pc is stuttering... So far I've noticed it in Goat Simulator and Civilisation 5

Specs.

6700k @ 4600mhz, 16gb ram at 3000mhz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING,
MSI 780GTX. Windows 10. Sata3 6G SSDs are where the games are installed.

This is a 40s clip for Goat simulator ( on special offer this weekend couldn't resist)

The first time the goat gets hit by the car i experience a slight lag/pause.
Fps dropped from a locked? 62 down to 54

At the end of the video the game essential locks up FPS drops down to 0 reawakens at 30fps then recovers back to 62 next frame.

I dunno why but shadowplay didn't record the overlays.

Latest graphics drivers from Nvidia. Im using onboard sound. But i have a Soundblaster Titanium PCIe available.

Something is causing a very slight delay when the sound is processed of the goat hitting the car?

Googling issues like this don't really help "its the ram or your PSU are not powerful enough are the usual answers" Im confident that both are sufficient

Really please anyone got any bloody help im gonna try more games to see if i can replicate this further.

Last edited:
Associate
You defiantly have something wrong...my neice plays that game on my x58/system 980ti and x5670 and it runs smooth as silk with no stutter.... Does it do the same if you turn Down the settings to minimum?

Also does it stutter on other games?

Caporegime
OP
I noticed it in civ 5 as a units attack animation and sound effects begin there is a very slight pause.

I guess it's going to be driver related. I have noticed the gfx and a sound device share a same irq.

I also tried it in world of warships but noticed nothing.

I guess I'll begin exploring this conflict. Turn off onboard sound or change the pcie slot on the 780.

I foresee a future of formatting and reinstalling ahead. I hope it's something trivial.
Is there any software I can run that will be able to report back what's causing the minute bottleneck?

Associate
Hi there I have a very similar issue and it's completely bugging me. I even upgraded my GFX thinking that was the issue (760 to 1060)

I came across a video that claimed to fix this and it does appear to be a sound thing - for example when I smash into a car on Mad Max the same thing happens as in your clip.

They suggested getting an SFX card or going to you sound settings > speakers > advanced > and then clicking off both selected toggle boxes about application exclusivity.

Try the above software one to see if it helps? Let me know if you solve it. I don't mind buying a new SFX card but I'm not fussed if it doesn't solve it.

All the best Efour!

Caporegime
OP
updated bios
had a firmware upgrade for an SSD.

DPC latency checker its deffo saying there are issues. This is all new to me so i dont wanna go bonkers on it but there's deffo something wrong.

They are pointing to Direct X stuff and the Nvidia driver.

Its starting to look like a format C and start from scratch with that latest beta Nvidia driver and turning off onboard sound which seems to share the same IRQ as my x16 PCIE and another motherboard device.... This is far from ideal.

Soldato
I'd just use Guru DDU and do a full wipe of the Nvidia drivers first, if that doesn't fix it a full reinstall of windows will help because that will reinstall DX from scratch.

Caporegime
OP
Aye will do. I'm looking for my USB drive with win 10 on by I really CBA... I love computers but I hate them too sometimes

I just got a windows update from 10809 or something to 14908 or something wtf is this all about.

Seems mine hasn't updated since launch day?

Associate
updated bios
had a firmware upgrade for an SSD.

DPC latency checker its deffo saying there are issues. This is all new to me so i dont wanna go bonkers on it but there's deffo something wrong.

They are pointing to Direct X stuff and the Nvidia driver.

Its starting to look like a format C and start from scratch with that latest beta Nvidia driver and turning off onboard sound which seems to share the same IRQ as my x16 PCIE and another motherboard device.... This is far from ideal.

I'm seeing the same issues on Latency mon - D3D and Nvidia driver. I'm going try disable some stuff see if it works. Otherwise I'll be trying a new sound card dependent on what you discover next.

Associate
Hey eFour - things some much better for me ingame when I have disabled my WLAN adapter. Which is just a wifi dongle I have in the back of my computer.

I might just have to get a wifi card instead.

Things aren't perfect - latencymon still saying I may have issues but I'm beyond figuring that out yet.

It's saying to check/disable CPU throttling but I have none of those options in my bios despite updating it.

Back
Top Bottom