stuttering in games

Associate
Hello all!
i really need some help have been having this very annoying issue!

RTX4090
INTEL I713700K
32GB KINGSTON FURY BEAST DDR5
GIGABYTE M.2 SSD
LG OLED C2 120HZ 4K TV

Basically i am having this stuttering issue. it looks to be when cpu cores reach 100% in some titles it gets these fps lows which cause stutter at 4k. its driving me insane and ruining my experience and i am in need of some help. i have gsync enabled with vsync and fps cap of 117fps.

worst games are farcry 6, guardians of galaxy, witcher next gen

Thanks in advance

Heard a while back that some people were having trouble with windows 10 prioritising the e cores in games, could be something like that.
The solutions i saw at the time were to either disable the e cores in the bios, or just switch over to windows 11. Dunno if theres a better fix for it now if that is the cause.

thanks for the reply.

i am actually on windows 11 already so this is why its so strange. basically i notice some of the CPU cores reaching 100% when gaming... not sure if this is normal but i get this awful stuttering when it happens. has anyone got a suggestion or solution to this?

thanks

thanks for the reply.

i am actually on windows 11 already so this is why its so strange. basically i notice some of the CPU cores reaching 100% when gaming... not sure if this is normal but i get this awful stuttering when it happens. has anyone got a suggestion or solution to this?

thanks

What games?

I run a 12700K @5.1 with a wide gamut of games, and I've never seen 100% usage, not even close.

i have done a fresh windows installa nd still happens in most games i play. i have changed every single part and its like 3-4 of the cores reaching 100% i have just bought a new motherboard ats z790 instead of my z690 incase its a mobo fault. overall cpu usage is not that but its the specific cores that are doing it. its happened with i712700 and now my 13700 so only thing i can think of now is the motherboard..
i found this out using msi afterburner

please also note its a 120hz lg oled c2 i play on as well i have this locked at 117 with gsync and vsync but same issues with it on or off
cheers

Last edited:
anyone else got any suggestions? I will report back here this evening with the new built system on a z790 board instead once I finish building it. I hope this is the fix as my fps lows are very very bad.

cheers

Try disabled HAGS? Game Mode? If these not help then try check your control panel power options what power plan you used, if it set to balance or power saving then try set it to high performance or ultimate performance. If power plans not worked then try open Nvidia control panel manage 3D settings to change power management from normal to prefer maximum performance.

i have tried all of these steps and jsut finished my build today witth z790.

i am playing farcry 6on absolute max settings at 4k and according the bench mark on there my low is only 91fps and high is 117. however it stutters during the game. this is the only game i have installed currently. there is nothing else on my systems. so why on earth is it stuttering.... jsut a terrible game? i expected with my build maybe everything would run butter smooth. do i have to high expectations?

i have tried all of these steps and jsut finished my build today witth z790.

i am playing farcry 6on absolute max settings at 4k and according the bench mark on there my low is only 91fps and high is 117. however it stutters during the game. this is the only game i have installed currently. there is nothing else on my systems. so why on earth is it stuttering.... jsut a terrible game? i expected with my build maybe everything would run butter smooth. do i have to high expectations?
With you using a LG C2 OLED, What HDMI cable are you using? Replace it with a HDMI 2.1 'certified' one (I.e support 4k @ 120hz etc) and see if that makes a difference, 91fps lows suggests there is no issue with your machine.

Last edited:
Hello.

Yes I am using a certified hdmi 2.1 cable but had the same issue with my 1440p monitor with display port.
I noticed on farcry 6 if I turn my settings to high and HD textures off with RT off the issue almost completely goes away. Occasional stutter but not too bad. Are we saying that my rig is not powerful enough to run farcry maxed out?

Cheers for the replies

Hello.

Yes I am using a certified hdmi 2.1 cable but had the same issue with my 1440p monitor with display port.
I noticed on farcry 6 if I turn my settings to high and HD textures off with RT off the issue almost completely goes away. Occasional stutter but not too bad. Are we saying that my rig is not powerful enough to run farcry maxed out?

Cheers for the replies

Far Cry 6 is an AMD optimised game - but a 4090 should not have any issues tbh.
TBH, when i had a 3080 and then a 3090, I had mostly desktop stutters and sometimes in games. It really annoyed me so i moved to a laptop, and have had zero issues.
I want to move back to desktop now as bought an aw3423dwf, so want to maximise frames.. but bit worried ill have the same issues, and the problem is it is so difficult to diagnose.

anyone else got any other suggestions please? really struggling with what is causing the dips. obviously turning settings down reduces the Loews and stops as many dips. but do you think I am pushing it to far maxing out farcry 6? should a 4090 be capable of this?

Back
Top Bottom