Subscription fatigue

Associate
OP
Was speaking to the wife last night about which services to go for over Christmas and she made a rather valid point that it was hard to see what each provider offered as the 5% of the stuff you wanted to watch was hidden by the 95% of what you didn't. Like 20 year old films or The Simpsons/Friends etc
Anyone know of a resource that highlights the best each service has to offer.

Soldato
Was speaking to the wife last night about which services to go for over Christmas and she made a rather valid point that it was hard to see what each provider offered as the 5% of the stuff you wanted to watch was hidden by the 95% of what you didn't. Like 20 year old films or The Simpsons/Friends etc

Something like https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/library/ not sure if prime has one.

Soldato

https://www.justwatch.com/

They have an android tv app as well. You can choose which streaming services you have and it allows you to browse all the content together and search across them to see if one has the film / show you are looking for. Very useful.

Having to browse each service individually ends up taking most of the night :p

Associate
https://www.justwatch.com/

They have an android tv app as well. You can choose which streaming services you have and it allows you to browse all the content together and search across them to see if one has the film / show you are looking for. Very useful.

Having to browse each service individually ends up taking most of the night :p
Nice! thanks for the tip

Caporegime
It may well end up that the content creators with the smaller resource pools fall away.

Most of these companies pushing thier own platforms you could sign up 1 month year and cover it all. Prices are too high to just 'let it slide'

Or people turn to pirating.

My concern is it fractures the big boys like netflix. This is one of those rare markets too much competition is bad for consumers.

Sure, you need netflix to keep it's prices in check. But if everyone is getting a little cash you won't get amazing content.

Soldato
I have Netflix, Prime and Amazon and the one thing i find is how much dross there is for movie selection.
Prime only has a bunch of movies that are free to prime and some other movies that you have to rent, even though we are already paying £ for the service. NOWTV was ok but is becoming less and less enjoyable scrolling through the movies that we have either seen to many times or do not have the full trilogy for example mission impossible doesn't have fallout but has all the others !!??!. I love all the 80's films and yet most on the movie channels is complete garbage. Netflix is really only good for tv series unless they are exclusive to netflix for example red letter.

I am in the process of moving to a Kodi Box and using google play to get most channels, there was one on google play that had literally hundreds of movies and even the ones that came out in cinema in HD Quality.

Quite surprised there is no streaming platform from either Amazon, Netflix or Nowtv where you pay a slightly higher subscription but you have access to all movies available including early access to Cinema, like a month after they come out.

This herein where the issue lie's, let's say I want to watch spectre not available on either Netflix or NOWTV. Amazon has it for a rental price of £5.00. However it's available free on the internet. which one do you think i choose? My argument is that i am already paying for the prime service so it's not that i don't want to support the movie industry but's kind insulting to get customers to pay more where there is not much content available in the first place.

Anything HBO Max you can easily get the same day it comes out in the cinema. I think Dune came out available a day before the release date in the cinema and unless your paying the monthly fee of £12 for limitless ,you'll end up spending around £20 to go to the cinema maybe £30 for food like popcorn and drink.

Soldato
I have Disney+ Amazon Prime and Netflix, watch a decent amount between then but probably should cancel one the months they aren't used.

It could be worse though, America has ridiculous amounts of different streaming services!

Back
Top Bottom