Sudden black screen when opening up/playing a game

Associate
Hello, a short few weeks back I posted the same exact issue that I experienced but instead my gpu fans went full speed, but nowadays my system tends to only go black screen with neither fans suddenly blasting to full speed.

At first I was regretfully confident that I solved the issue with a single strong push on every psu cable, which did indeed solve the issue but little did I know it would be temporarily a 2 day process of the issue not happening.

I've tried various of different solutions that have only solved this issue for 2 days at max, for instance I replaced the thermal paste just a week ago and the system ran to its normal shape for 2 days, yet today it happened again as I was opening up a game.

The issue began happening soon after I installed a brand new 850w gold plus psu, which is more than enough to feed a 1060 and i5 6600k, which at this point out the simple and obvious answer would it be a faulty psu, but something else tells me it could be the motherboard, or even the cpu.

I have underclocked the gpu and cpu back to their optimal performance which has somewhat reduced the issue appearing, I have also tried unplugging and plugging the monitor cables to the motherboard, nothing will bring back the signal unless I shove a pillow over it.

I will strongly appreciate informing me of any potential solutions or even causes. Keep in mind that my system is over 6 years old and I suppose most hardware tends to gradually fail at such ages.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
The issue began happening soon after I installed a brand new 850w gold plus psu

What is the PSU? Did you try putting the old one back in?

I've tried various of different solutions that have only solved this issue for 2 days at max, for instance I replaced the thermal paste just a week ago and the system ran to its normal shape for 2 days, yet today it happened again as I was opening up a game.

This sounds more like it relates to what you're doing with the computer than faulty hardware, for example: there can be clashes with other programs or software using 3D acceleration that cause weird driver behaviour. Are you certain that this is not the case?

Associate
OP
What is the PSU? Did you try putting the old one back in?

This sounds more like it relates to what you're doing with the computer than faulty hardware, for example: there can be clashes with other programs or software using 3D acceleration that cause weird driver behaviour. Are you certain that this is not the case?

I purchased the DeepCool PM850D plus gold and no I had to replace the old one due to sudden failure where it wouldn't supply power at all.

I am more than certain that the issue isn't associated with the softwares because it had done it at very random occasions where the black screen will occur outside of gaming. I was once doing multi task work with Google and Microsoft Word and it suddenly caused the system to black screen with the gpu fans blasting at full speed. These aren't programs that should deliver dodgy driver behaviour.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom