Sudden blue/purple tint on monitors.

Associate
Hi, I recently upgraded my GPU and have not since played many games, just 1 game and also did some tests when I first installed it to ensure it was working properly and all seemed completely fine. It wasn't until tonight when I launched CS:GO that suddenly both of my monitors had a purply blue tint to them until I closed the game. This never happened with my old GPU and I therefore feel like it could be something to do with the new GPU, though I'm not certain.

It is not only when launching CS:GO but I have also found that when I right click the desktop and go to Display Settings that it also starts this tint.

I have tried installing the newest NVIDIA GPU driver and the problem is still happening. I have also tried different combinations of having my display port cables in different display ports on my GPU, but it is the same outcome.

Any help with this is much appreciated, I'm happy to provide extra detail if needed.

EDIT: The purple tint is always there now, not just when I am in a game. The only time it goes is if I go onto display settings it very briefly goes to normal and then back to purple.

Thanks

Last edited:
Associate
Try running DDU in Safe mode to remove all GPU Drivers, YT has loads of vids to show you how to do this. Then reinstall your drivers and see how you get one

Associate
OP
Try running DDU in Safe mode to remove all GPU Drivers, YT has loads of vids to show you how to do this. Then reinstall your drivers and see how you get one
I tried this and no luck, however the problem did not occur while I was in safe mode.

Associate
If you go to Display settings -> Advanced display settings -> Display adaptor properties for Display 1 -> Colour Management -> Colour Management (it's buried ridiculously deep, I know), is there an ICC profile associated with either monitor? And then on the Advanced tab, is everything set to System Default? If there is an ICC profile, then does clicking on Reload current calibrations do anything?

Soldato
Something else to check: open Nvidia Control Panel, click Change Resolution, then scroll down to section 3. Check that Output dynamic range is set to Full and not Limited.

Associate
OP
If you go to Display settings -> Advanced display settings -> Display adaptor properties for Display 1 -> Colour Management -> Colour Management (it's buried ridiculously deep, I know), is there an ICC profile associated with either monitor? And then on the Advanced tab, is everything set to System Default? If there is an ICC profile, then does clicking on Reload current calibrations do anything?
Sorry for the late reply I tried this and completely forgot to come back here, my bad.

This didn't work I've just ended up re-installing windows as I couldn't figure it out for the life of me and everything is good now. Thanks for your help! :)

Associate
OP
Something else to check: open Nvidia Control Panel, click Change Resolution, then scroll down to section 3. Check that Output dynamic range is set to Full and not Limited.
I've ended up just reinstalling windows now as I couldn't figure out what had happened, however I appreciate your help. :)

Back
Top Bottom