sudden dead PC

Associate
Well was out for a few beers last night and the missus texts me to say 'the computer won't turn on, everything is flashing'. So get home and indeed nothing at all, no noises, just a rapidly flashing green light on the mobo, and lights on the mouse flashing too - turn off at wall, turn back on flash flash flash. Checked the seating of all cards, memory, drive plugs, still nothing.

So at a loss, but having a search I may suspect the PSU has gone....don't have a spare so will have to nip out and get one, but of course wouldn't mind to check to ensure im on the right lines!

Amadeus

Associate
OP
Well i think its well and truly done now. Took out old 650W PSU, plugged in a new thermaltake 1200W from work,made sure all connects were good. Powered on and....drum roll
mobo green light came on, computer posted into bios with 'master disk failure' and then F1 to carry on, windows scroll bars boot comes on and then a terrible whif of burning plastic....quicklt turned off, removed PSU, awful smell from case and thought oh.....looks like the excuse to upgrade to i7 now lol

Am

ps. dunno if I can resurrect some parts, got an 8800GTX there and some 2 year old geil ram

Back
Top Bottom