Suggest me a loop order please

Associate
So I've got a lian-li pc011 air and about to move my loop.

I've got 2 360mm 60mm radiators, gpu block, cpu block, small res/pump combo and a pair of quick disconnects for easy draining hopefully. Can you suggest how I build this loop please? Or anything I should add?

Man of Honour
It doesn't really matter as long as the res is before the pump. I have run with the cpu block before the gpu block, motherboard vrm block>gpu block>cpu block and now gpu block before the cpu block and it only makes a degree or two difference by having the cpu last in the loop. I am currently set up as Res>Pump>Gpu>Cpu>pair of fat 360mm rads in parallel then back to Res via about 10-12m of 12mm copper pipe/Mayhems 16/10mm tubing/14mm PETG hardline tubing. Just go with whatever gives you the neatest routing of tubing.

Associate
Assuming you have decent flow (DDC or D5) then the loop order doesn't matter as long as the reservoir and pumps are directly linked (which in your case they are). With good flow the water moves so fast it reaches near temperature equilibrium throughout the loop. Ideally you want to keep the distance as short and restriction free as possible so base your loop configuration on that.

Associate
OP
Tbh the advice I'm after is mainly for ease of draining and maintenance. I know once ei start I will kist panic and rush everything in to the easiest order and forget about maintenance lol.

Best way to drain. So I'm thinking have 1 ead at the top and 1 either the side or the front with its ports at the bottom. And then how should I set my quick releases up for easiest draining?

Soldato
Pump outlet at the bottom of the case or at least below all other fittings.

As you leave the pump, put a three-way T-connector with the -- as the route of the loop and the | to the drain pipe, terminating the drain pipe with a (good) ball-valve with a G1/4 plug in it for safety.

Although the route as said by others is not critical, I wold suggest going from the pump to the gpu, gpu to the top rad, top rad to the cpu, cpu to the front rad, front rad to the res. It's an efficient loop, which is important because you want to minimise restriction, but also puts a radiator between each of the heat producers.

Try to avoid 90 degree bends. Have tubing going as fluid a route as possible. I know 90 degree bends might look super cool but they add up quickly to a whole lot of restriction and that will affect flowrates.

Back
Top Bottom