suggestions for kitchen dab + internet radio + network streaming

Associate
as per the title, I'm looking for a good quality kitchen DAB radio, which can access internet radio, stream from spotify, but if possible also access my music from my plex server.
not looking to spend a fortune.
Roberts 94L is best i can come up with. Not sure how loud it is or how good the sound quality will be.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the suggestions.
I'll look at Ruark - not come across that brand before.
As for Alexa - i can see the benefits, but have aversion to technology 'listening in' all the time [he says while his mobile phone is sitting on the desk....:rolleyes:]

Soldato
Do you know if it can connect to audio media from a plex server?
I don't see Plex specifically altho I don't have any music on mine. I do see local tho:

yfZ2RdW.jpeg

If it's really important to you I can try put some on Plex and have a go?

Associate
OP
Whatever you get DO NOT put it next to a Induction Hob - Mine gave a ear piercing scream and died on the spot.

I didn't know did I :o
Thanks for the tip! We have induction hobs. How close was it? I've always assumed the magnetic field from induction only extends a tiny amount above the surface of the hob. I am careful not to leave mobile phones, etc. too near the hobs though.

Associate
OP
I don't see Plex specifically altho I don't have any music on mine. I do see local tho:

yfZ2RdW.jpeg

If it's really important to you I can try put some on Plex and have a go?
That's helpful, thanks. What device or service is creating/providing 'local'?
It does suggest there might be a way to access media on a local plex server, albeit without a Plex app frontend.

Soldato
Thanks for the tip! We have induction hobs. How close was it? I've always assumed the magnetic field from induction only extends a tiny amount above the surface of the hob. I am careful not to leave mobile phones, etc. too near the hobs though.
There is about 9" between hob and side wall so I put it in the gap. :rolleyes:

Associate
We use an Alexa show which connects via bluetooth to a Tangent Ampster driving 4 ceiling speakers and a sub sat on top of a tall cupboard. Works well and gives us plenty of optios for streaming.

Back
Top Bottom