Suicide Sport

Associate
Bizarre as this might sound, considering the possibility that one day computer graphics will become so realistic you wont be able to tell them from the real thing and at some point someone is going to invent vr that'll let you experience something pumped directly into your brain

when all this happens and we've got past the stage of cheating on our girlfriends with our very own virtual natalie portman or keira knightly wooyah! :rolleyes: people will start to use this to experience things that they wouldnt be able to do normally, like learning to fly a plane, but at some point people will start experiencing things that they just cant physically do.. like dying.. like if you were falling from plane with no parachute what would be your last thought.. how would you react.. would you face down towards your destiny.. or would the fear take hold and you'd face up so you dont expect the moment of death

this would have some uses, imagine how much better a driver you could be if you could do things that would normally be dangerous to learn, once you've gotten good at the skilled stuff the mundane stuff would be easy, or you'd experience an action movie in first person leaping between train carriages, you'd be bound to get it wrong first time and wipeout on the top of a tunnel entrance but you could take your own experience much further than reality would allow

but how far would this go, would you get those who not only 'try' death but then go on dying in different ways, would there eventually become extreme stuntment/athletes those who not only do it but try to do it in their own unique way.. imagine if it eventually became a sport.. points awarded for style, technique, splatter.. i spose similar in a way to say crash mode on burnout

and would it strenghten your character, would you loose your fear or become a shivvering wreck

(im sure someone whos watched the matrix will instantly say that if you die in a game your body would die too, well maybe but we dont know for sure until it happens now do we)

Permabanned
n3vrmind said:
when all this happens and we've got past the stage of cheating on our girlfriends with our very own virtual natalie portman or keira knightly wooyah!

Don't think I'd ever get past that stage to be honest :D :p

Soldato
n3vrmind said:
imagine if it eventually became a sport.. points awarded for style, technique, splatter.. i spose similar in a way to say crash mode on burnout

I actually laughed out loud at that point :p

:o

Man of Honour
burnsy2023 said:
Sorry, I just elaspsed into a dreamworld with Kiera Knightly, what were you saying?:p

Burnsy

I keep doing that then reading the first post again... I'm stuck in a while( 1 ) loop without a break;

Soldato
Agent_Smith357 said:
Suicide as a sport? Sign me up please.

tryed it
its no fun

respawning causes you to loose ALL skill points and atributes, you spend AGES learning them all again and the you die
no save points, no backups, nothing
waste of the £14 monthly subscription.

Associate
In the end computers well make our life miserable . Dont forget day by day were are flooded by goverment regulations and computers well give them complete control = if you remember the " The prisoner" tv series thats where we are heading my friends . # 6 . and this was from the 1960s view . Maybe # 6 had a rough time in the village , we well be in much worse shape. "hopefully ill be dead by then" .

Last edited:
Soldato
If I could have my very own kiera knightley to do with as i wished, thats pretty much what i'd spend the rest of my life doing tbh, bring me the technology!

Soldato
only keira ? if u can make that technology and bother keira knightly and natalie portman .. and that other post said money (things) cant buy happiness ...PAH! :)

although it took me about 10 minutes to read the rest of the post after that first bit i do think it would be cool to get to experience being a hardcore action star without the fear of getting splattered all over a wall :)

Back
Top Bottom