Suit shopping

Associate
rite my secondary school prom is on Wednesday night. and me being as useless and unorganized as ever, Ive still to buy a suit.

therefore i've come to you the guru's of GD with a question...

where (highstreet shops) would most likely be the best and most cost effective place to buy a suit?

Last edited:

TrX

TrX

Associate
The larger tesco's do some, Don't know what they are like tho, I got my last suit from 'Suits You'

//TrX

Soldato
Marks and Spencers do some excellent suits at great prices.

Really depends on your budget though?

Man of Honour
Suit or Black Tie? Not the same thing, I would never dream of wearing a suit to a Black Tie do.

M&S are very good for high street stuff that is actually decent quality, if you are spending more of course your choice increases.

Associate
well I'm on a bit of a budget here. the maximum I'd spend would be something like £65.

its defiantly a suit I'm looking for, although tuxedos are an option but ideally I'd like to wear a suit,

Ive heard promising things from both Greenwoods and M&S from people at my school so gunna check out some shops as soon as possible

thanks for all the help guys

Soldato
£65 will get you a **** quality suit, you get what you pay for.

My favourite suit comes from M&S and the quality is fantastic. Spend around £150-160 on the performance range, really good value.

Soldato
alders had some really good deals when i went there

otherwise primark wins for cheapness and the suits aren't too shabby

Soldato
For £65 I'd hire.
Like Adam said £65 will get you a suit that will be terrible, you get what you pay for.

Associate
Hire it, tbh.

Otherwise, check out a local TKmax, you can sometimes get some really cracking smart stuff for next to nothing.

*Proviso - Really 'sometimes.'

Man of Honour
Cheap suits are generally poor, cheap dinner suits are generally fine - the whole point of Black Tie is that it's a uniform, everyone should look largely the same and few people will notice anything other than the fact that you look smart - especially at your age.

M&S do a dinner suit for £50, all you will need on top is bow tie, dress shirt, and cufflinks. Easily doable for around £70. That's what I wore to a works do recently and the bloke I shared with at the hotel paid that to hire his gear and there was honestly no marked difference in quality between the 2 suits.

If you are determined to wear a business suit (why :confused:) then it is harder to look smart on a budget, you are probably heading more towards £150 even on a budget. Really cheap business suits invariably look crap.

Soldato
If you are determined to wear a business suit (why :confused:) then it is harder to look smart on a budget, you are probably heading more towards £150 even on a budget. Really cheap business suits invariably look crap.

This is true. Even at m&s you're talking £250+