Summer Transfer Window 2017/18 - Rumours & Signings

Soldato
Hopefully the Fabinho stuff is true, I like him and he's versatile too. Sounds like the Morata situation is still rumbling on as well. Both be good additions.

i agree on the Fabinho side, but i am not convinced on Morata and the price UTD would need to secure him is way OTT, (well almost all transfers are now) but surely if it was not Man UTD and Real Mardid trading this player we would be looking more along the lines for 40 - 50 mil i would imagine.

Caporegime
I'm not hugely sold by Morata but I haven't seen enough of him really. In the end we need a striker and teams know it. There aren't a great number available and they're all expensive. Morata at least has experience at the top.

Soldato
i agree on the Fabinho side, but i am not convinced on Morata and the price UTD would need to secure him is way OTT, (well almost all transfers are now) but surely if it was not Man UTD and Real Mardid trading this player we would be looking more along the lines for 40 - 50 mil i would imagine.

RM bought him back from Juve for £30m last summer - and because of the stupid amounts in the last year in the transfer window I can see RM insisiting on £50-60m easly from anyone (whether thats right or not for a sub - who can theoretically "fit into any team", yet not into RM hahaha)

Im convinced Fabinho would be a great asset to Utd, Im just worried that JM is only focused on Matic which would be considerably underwhelming. As with the Talisca rumour a week or so ago, all the Fabinho stuff appears to be coming from him rather than the club (from what I can tell anyway) and a lot of the quotes have been heavily edited to favour Utd when that wasnt what was actually said.

Man of Honour
I'm not hugely sold by Morata but I haven't seen enough of him really. In the end we need a striker and teams know it. There aren't a great number available and they're all expensive. Morata at least has experience at the top.

Exactly, what alternatives are there... the opportunity is there for him to step up and be a great striker.

Associate
I'm very excited about the Lacazette transfer. It's Ian Wright all over again! I reckon Ozil to Lacazette GOAL!! will be a big points winner in Fantasy Football next season. :)

Soldato
Exactly, what alternatives are there... the opportunity is there for him to step up and be a great striker.

The even bigger problem is Utd need two goal scorers - if Morata is replacing Zlatan (big ask but he has the potential), Utd still need to find another 20-30 goals in the league to even challange for the title

Right now, even with a half decent DM coming in (and to be fair Herrera did a fine job for the most part) allowing Pogba to move forward - I just cant see it at the moment. Even IF Morata deal is done.

Aubameyang?

Im still mystified as to why so few clubs appear to be interested in him. Liverpool rumours have appeared in the last few days but not sure if there is anything concrete to them. Just seem strange after how well he has done in the last 2 - 3 seasons why PSG backed out and very little going on seemingly.

edit - the Alves and Bale rumours are imo just filling copy.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Aubameyang has made it pretty clear he wants to play for Real. Maybe clubs don't want to go for someone who wants to be elsewhere. Or maybe they've enquired and he's said he'll only leave Dortmund for Real.

Associate
hopefully arsenal finally land him this time.

I've heard talk that some are disappointed but I think that is in light of the Mbappe thing. If he had never been linked I think we'd be happier with Lacazette. I think he is the closest thing to a proper out and out striker we have been interested in since Wrighty and think he'll do well.

Associate
I've heard talk that some are disappointed but I think that is in light of the Mbappe thing. If he had never been linked I think we'd be happier with Lacazette. I think he is the closest thing to a proper out and out striker we have been interested in since Wrighty and think he'll do well.
i was just about to say i dont think arsenal have had a genuine striker since ian wright. i dont know how much truth there is in the interest in mbappe but i still think he will end up in spain and even if he came to the uk i cant see arsenal spending the reported fee.

that money could bag lacazette and morata easily which money far better spent.

Soldato
I would rather have lacazette than mbappe. Can't believe it's only £44m being quoted. Pick him up the young Belgium striker and have change for another top buy.

Mbappe could end up being another michu.

Back
Top Bottom