Super Mario Run

Associate
So, I'm just got one world left.

For those of you who reckon £8 (let me just write than in words to add emphasis to what I'm saying...... eight.... pounds) is a lot of money for this game you're off your rocker.

If you take on the challenge of getting all of the black coins, it is a challenging and engaging mobile game that offers hours and hours of gameplay. Plus Mario is in it.

Same goes for those of you bitching about the DRM, maybe not the best choice by Nintendo but certainly not a decent reason to deny yourself a good game.

£8 folks, press the damn button.

Associate
So, I'm just got one world left.

For those of you who reckon £8 (let me just write than in words to add emphasis to what I'm saying...... eight.... pounds) is a lot of money for this game you're off your rocker.

If you take on the challenge of getting all of the black coins, it is a challenging and engaging mobile game that offers hours and hours of gameplay. Plus Mario is in it.

Same goes for those of you bitching about the DRM, maybe not the best choice by Nintendo but certainly not a decent reason to deny yourself a good game.

£8 folks, press the damn button.

Completed it and it is worth £8 but the way they have done it I don't agree with. Bought it on my iPhone but can only play trial levels on my iPad, I should be able to play it on any iOS device I own and compatible with.

Soldato
The DRM is a very good reason not to hand over money. It doesn't serve any purpose whatsoever apart from to shaft me when i've got no signal.

Patch it out and they can have the £8.

Caporegime
The DRM is a very good reason not to hand over money. It doesn't serve any purpose whatsoever apart from to shaft me when i've got no signal.

Patch it out and they can have the £8.

I don't like the fact you can't use family sharing as you're not buying the game in the App Store, you're unlocking via an IAP instead.

DMZ

DMZ

Associate
I enjoyed Mario Run. I've finished it now with all the items and 9999 toads. I haven't finished the black pipe level but the game doesn't seem to record if you complete the coloured pipe levels anyway, which seems like a bit of an oversight. I enjoyed the game and I found the run mechanic a welcome change from the gameplay in the NSMB series. £8 was a fair price.

IMO The app should've been purchasable outright rather than the IAP, and the requirement to always be online stung me a few times. Twice it lost my progress because it couldn't report back to the server after I'd finished a level and after some time in the background the phone had pushed it out of memory, effectively closing the app.

Soldato
All the more reason not to pay until they remove the DRM - i'm sat here with 2-3 bars of 4G and the trial keeps kicking me off!

Seems that it's not just about DRM but poorly coded DRM at that.

I'm still happy to hand over the cash once it's patched out.

Associate
OP
All the more reason not to pay until they remove the DRM - i'm sat here with 2-3 bars of 4G and the trial keeps kicking me off!

Seems that it's not just about DRM but poorly coded DRM at that.

I'm still happy to hand over the cash once it's patched out.

Agreed I will not buy it until it removes the DRM but the most ridiculous part for me is the limited availability of rally tickets to play the toad rally. Quite how they can use this model for a game that cost £7.99 is beyond me.
http://www.polygon.com/2016/12/19/14010628/super-mario-run-toad-rally

Back
Top Bottom