1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Superbudget build help

Discussion in 'OcUK Full Systems & Bundles' started by didgemaster, Jan 13, 2019.

1. didgemaster

Wise Guy

I haven't built a system for a few years so I'm a bit rusty on what worls well together.

My Father's Computer will not power on and unfortunately I don't have a spare psu to test. I think the time has come to upgrade anyway as the specs of his old machine were very old:
    AMD Athlon II x4
    4GB DDR 800
    Nvidia gforce 8200
    500GB HDD

So I thought I'd get a psu and test but I suspect I will have to buid new. I have a Samsung 250GB ssd and a case. can you help with a new spec. Its not got to do anything demanding just windows 10, surfing the web and some basic office work.

Thanks in advance

2. andy_mk3

Sgarrista

Does it need to be new? You get so much more for your money in the used market.

3. didgemaster

Wise Guy

Doesn't have to be new and I am looking at the MM at the moment

4. andy_mk3

Sgarrista

Check out ebay for stuff like used Dell Optiplex PC's. I bought myself an Optiplex 9020 for £200 inc a 1080p screen with a 4th gen i5, 4GB RAM (I did upgrade it to 8GB) in a nice small form factor unit. I also added an SSD and it's a brilliant little machine.

5. ExoMale

Mobster

6. ExoMale

Mobster

double post! stupid internet.

7. didgemaster

Wise Guy

Thanks for the replies. Decided to checkout bargins on the flea bay and have a 4th gen i5 8GB qith an ssd for £150