*****Supercars Championship 2023*****

Soldato
jYsWSQX.jpg

Come follow along with the best tin top touring car series going! All new chassis with Ford Mustangs racing against Cheverolet Camaro's welcome to Gen 3 of Supercars.

Official Site

ku9Gn7L.jpg

A much more realistic series of events compared to a certain open wheel series. First race with the new cars is on a tight twisty street course and bound to provoke loads of drama! Can Shane Van Gisbergen retain his title? Almost certainly but with everyone in new cars it should be exciting finding out!

I'm not sure if it's on any channels in the UK since I use Superview via YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@SupercarsChampionship - very reasonable at £5.99/month!

Some of the best commentary and technical insight I've ever seen in motorsports too and always a blast on or off the track. Obviously hard to watch live given it's in Australia but the above YouTube page always posts the race replay spoiler free!

Soldato
I used to watch every round of V8 Supercars 15-20 years ago but it waned due to difficulties in watching it so thanks for the YouTube link. Definitely something to check out :) Maybe with the new cars and all, it's a good time to get back in to it especially given the outlook for F1 this year.

Soldato
OP
Round 1 is less than 12 hours from starting so here we go!

First up is the Newcastle 500 which hasn't been on the calendar since 2019 due to Covid19. If memory serves they've altered the profile of the hairpin at the end of the lap but I don't have an up to date graphic yet so here's the old one which should be close enough:

W027pcF.jpg

Lap Record: 1:10.3057 - Scott McLaughlin
Event Format:SuperStreet - 2 x 250km races

Insomnia sufferers or crazy people track times:
w4q7pDW.png

Can't wait to see the new cars out on track!

Last edited:
Soldato
Didn't watch much of last year, but planning to watch again this year with the gen3 cars which look fantastic so far, although the parity arguments are going to go On and on no doubt. Hopefully a bit more competitive and a closer championship fight!

Soldato
OP
Don't remind me about the parity lot! They've been very open about the development of the cars over the last couple of years and some excellent videos with Larko on YouTube - I'll try and find the link.

Hopefully like you say a new platform that no one has any real data for should be exciting!

Soldato
OP
Missed the qualifying due to D&D but just caught the Top 10 Shootout and it was wild!

x2LzjVI.png

Absolutely mental watching them all hit 1m12s on the nose until Brodie broke through!

Soldato
I was out most of the weekend but caught up with Quali yesterday and that was some top 10 shootout! I see you posted the screenshot of it above but impressive and crazy that a 0.05 difference covers so many drivers.

There was some smashes in the support races too though I skipped though most of them. Good to hear there's some drama for the Supercars race too.

Soldato
Just caught up with both races. Triple8 look once again stronger than everyone else so suspect it'll be a dull championship with svg miles ahead of feeney. Cars look cool but much slower than before.

Thought the rub to pass was over the limit even though minor it sent mostert the completely wrong way. Other drivers need to start getting their elbows out more with svg.

Soldato
OP
Yep I suspect it'll be a wash as usual (what series does a Red Bull sponsored vehicle not dominate?) but certainly a tight battle for 2nd as ever. Be interesting to see the cars on a bigger circuit though and see if the drivers stop whinging about tyre temps.

Soldato
OP
Completely forgot to do this with all the distractions around me:

Rounds 7, 8 & 9 - Perth Supersprint

All the way over on the West coast of Australia is this absolute gem of a track which always produces some good racing action!

Lap Record: 0:53.7293 - James Courtney
Event Format: SuperSprint - 3 x 100km races

Track Map:
U1k4mtk.jpg

Buckle up as this one can get a bit spicy, especially the divebombs into the last corner!

Soldato
OP
Tasmania - Rounds 10, 11 & 12
Has your weekend racing been ruined by excessive rain and/or flooding? Worry not Supercars has you covered with the the next 3 rounds in Tasmania!

Track map:
qZT4It5.jpg

Supercars schedule, converted to UK time (assuming you hate sleeping!)
OkcYWVL.png

3 x 100km sprint races (42k laps) with a single compulsory stop for a minimum of 2 tyres.

The track at Symmons Plains is fast, narrow and often produces some wild action.

Where to watch: Supercars Superview (Annual Subscription required) or Superview on Youtube (Monthly Subscription required)

I probably won't be staying up late to watch it live but I'll aim to do a better job and stick some highlights up later!

Back
Top Bottom