Superflower PSUs at OcUK - any coming in?

Soldato
Hi all,

Does anyone know if SuperFlower PSUs are going to be back in stock at any point? My Leadex 850w is now seemingly stuggling with my 3070 gaming and streaming at the same time (two consecutive hard crashes now), so I'd like to invest in the Leadex 1000w Titanium. I already have SuperFlower braided cables installed so I'd love to be able to swap the PSU, plug the cables in and jobs a good'un.

Cheers.

Man of Honour
A 850w PSU shouldn't be struggling with a 3070. I am only running a 650w with mine and have had zero problems. I have live power draw displayed on one of my fan controllers and haven seen anything higher than 376w at the wall being pulled while gaming and benching. I would suggest that your problem lies elsewhere, unstable overclock maybe?

Soldato
OP
Well that's what I thought. it's a 2017 Leadex II and I thought it would be absolutely fine with a 3070 and 3900X even these 5 years down the line. Both components are stock clocks. The issue only started Sunday night when I finished up streaming and also last night halfway through a broadcast - both times OBS was open; but its been a good month or so with zero issues until now. For info I use NVENC encoder, so the GPU is doing a lot of work.

The only thing I can think of is that I have both 8 pin PCIE connectors coming from the same port on the PSU, not one 8 pin from one cable and the other 8 pin from a separate cable (if that makes sense?). So it could be that it's drawing too much power from one cable? Apart from that nothing has been changed hardware wise since I installed my 3070 around 6 weeks ago. Temps hit 80 degrees max on both components, so I don't think that's the issue. I've also had no issues when not streaming, so the GPU doing extra work when encoding seems to be the culprit.

Soldato
OP
Glad you've suggested that, it'll definitely give it a go then. Would be definitely a bit annoyed if a high end 850w would be struggling to power this system.

Thank you for your help!

Back
Top Bottom