Superhot VR game

Associate
Now I have my Valve Index working and no more grey screen issues ive set the sensors up in the main bedroom next to my small computer room. I did buy some extension cables but the headset just reaches without. Ive set it up as standing only in an area approx 6ft x 8ft and facing a double bed so my arms can go over the bed effectly giving 8ft x 8ft.

To get to the point I booted up Superhot which I bought off Steam as part of a bundle and didn't expect much. I had 10 mins spare so I thought I'd have look. 30 minutes later im still in the game covered in sweat . I have a bad back so this game is not good for my health. Lol I punched the plasterboard wall twice and nearly broke my wrist on the door frame trying to slice the necks of two of the enemies with one big swing. OMG I never realised VR could be so good! I can see some broken furniture or broken mirror doors if i,m not careful. I think im going to get a small rug so that I can feel under my feet as it's so easy to lose all orientation and bearings while playing this type of game.

I just thought I'd share my experiences with those thinking of joining the VR club. I'm sure I will get used to it but right now this brings gaming to a new level. I hope the technology goes mainstream and we see more quality games coming to the market. So far i've tried Beat Saber, Apollo 11 and Superhot which are all great so far. I also bought Lone Echo off the Oculus store but I need to read up how to get this to work. I believe I need a 3rd party program. I'll prob save this to play of Christmas as my eyes are bigger than my belly at the moment so to speak!

Soldato
Superhot needs a lot more physical flexibility than most VR games. It gets a bit like VR twister in some of the later stages :D

Arizona Sunshine can be played sat down. You just need to aim guns with that, no punching etc. If you're new to VR it can make you motion sick though when using free movement (instead of teleporting).

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I have Gorn as part of the Steam bundle, I will re-enforce the walls first haha.

I played some more Superhot today. Its bloody hard ducking for me with the bad back. Ive taken more tranqualisers tonight so gonna have some ****** up fun before bed! Lol i ******* love this VR experience!

Soldato
I have Gorn as part of the Steam bundle, I will re-enforce the walls first haha.

I played some more Superhot today. Its bloody hard ducking for me with the bad back. Ive taken more tranqualisers tonight so gonna have some ****** up fun before bed! Lol i ******* love this VR experience!

Yeah, Super hot is awesome!! You should try Robo Recall as well.

But you really need to try The Lab on Steam, it's free. Lots to experience.

And then get Waltz of the Wizard, it's also free, well it used to be. It's fun too.

Soldato
Thought I'd add to this thread rather than starting a new one.

Superhot is currently free on the Epic game store, so I hurriedly got a copy hoping to play in VR but of course it's not that simply.

Does any one know if you can get the game working with the Vive and if so how? Google isn't helping me much at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom