Superhub VM DMZ

Soldato
Hello guys I using the Superhub and my god what a Craphub this is lol. I can only set 20 network ports to open and they dont always open, So I was wondering If I was to setup my PC to use DMZ and leave windows 8 firewall switch on Will I still be OK from Hackers?

Before I upgraded to 100MB I used to use my own router with custom Firmware on it DD-WRT Superb router, but the problem it wasn't giving me my full speed so needed to switch back to superhub :(
The thing I hate about superhub is the Limit of just 20 ports WoW by putting my PC into DMZ I would pass the Router Firewall but Windows 8 Firewall will still protect Yes?

thanks

Caporegime
Buy a decent gigabit router and put the supercrap into modem mode?

I've recently been upgraded to 100MB, and they've sent me a supercrap, but everyone I know with one has far higher latency than me, and I'm still getting 96Mb/s from my modem and DIR-615 (D3).

KIA

KIA

Man of Honour
Don't risk it. Why do you need to forward more than 20 ports?

Soldato
OP
I play alot online games and its something I have always done is open the games ports. I dont think it will be a massive risk because they still need to pass windows firewall. the router firewall is still switched on, its just my ip address witch passes it and I letting windows firewall protect me.
I also been told to just switch of the router firewall completely on VM forums because its rubbish apparently so I would be stuck with windows firewall anyway lol

Don't risk it. Why do you need to forward more than 20 ports?

KIA

KIA

Man of Honour
You will be sending all unsolicited traffic to the machines IP. Not wise.

Soldato
OP
Using this site and checking bad ports there all closed :)
http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

Bad ports
TCP & UDP 135 DCE endpoint resolution
TCP 136 PROFILE Naming System
UDP 137 NETBIOS Name Service
UDP 138 NETBIOS Datagram Service
TCP 139 NETBIOS Session Service
TCP 445 Windows File and Print Sharing
TCP & UDP 593 DCE endpoint resolution, mirror of 135

Checking all them and there closed, even game ports are closed unless I open that game. Like if I check the skype port that's also closed until I open skype seems windows Firewall does a good job.

Top Bottom