Surface Pro 6 charger issues

Soldato
Afternoon,

I got myself a Surface Pro 6 last year when they first came out. And it's been great but I've had 2 chargers break now. The first just stopped working, but for a while if you unplugged it at the mains and then replugged it 7 to 10 times it would eventually work. But then that stopped working completely. Luckily Microsoft were pretty good and sent me a new charger straight away. Now the second one has stopped working completely. The light on the part you plug into the Surface is on permanently, and it doesn't charge.

I need my Surface for dialysis.. As time goes so slow without movies and TV.

Is there an alternative charger I can buy? As the Microsoft one is expensive, and obviously faulty. And I'm not sure I'll get another one for free.

Soldato
When you say its not charging, does it say plugged in not charging on the toolbar, this is a common one with Surface Pro, I've had it with all of mine at various times.

Soldato
OP
Well Microsoft said take it to place of purchase to test. So I went to Tat World and they tested it and decided to send it back. So we'll see if they replace the charger the tablet or both in approx 28 days.

Meantime I bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab A as a temporary solution.

Back
Top Bottom