SV650s oil

Associate
Good evening all,

I’m getting my bike ready to come out of hibernation and thought I’ll give it an oil change. What oil do you guys recommend? Semi or fully synthetic? Also where do you all get your oil filter from? I’ve got a trade card at Halfords so hopefully they do all the stuff

Bike is a Sv650s k3

Thanks

Last edited:
Man of Honour
My view is to stick to manufacturer spec and change frequently. Ensure you capture all specs and not just the grade, e.g. for a wet clutch engine it might specify JASO MA.

I doubt you’ll be able to discern between brands and whatnot unless you’re running a mega tune or high mile/long intervals.

Man of Honour
I use motul 5000 £25ish for 5l delivered plus hiflo filters.

Been doing that for the 32k miles I've done on mine without issue .

Soldato
Hah I have an sv650 k3 I just use rockoil semi synthetic because it's what the local bike shop I try to support sell. I buy oil filters from eBay get the k&n ones not that I believe they are any better in performance, but have a hex head on them so you can use a socket or wrench to remove.

If wana say kn-138, but don't quote me on that.

SV650 is a great bike for self maintenance.

Soldato
I go to local dealer with 5 litre container and they fill it for a Tenner there using a barrel of motul at the moment why not just ask your local bike shop.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
That’s what I’ve ordered. 4 litres of Motul 5000 £22 delivered from amazon and £7 for the hiflo filter from eBay.

What coolant do you all use? I may as well do the coolant, plugs and air filter whilst I’m working on it
Good choice, I did an oil change every 2.5-3k for just over 11k using the motul and hiflow. No issues at all. :)

Back
Top Bottom