SW:TOR BETA LEAK!!!!!

Man of Honour
Personally I don't care what its classed as, an MMO, lots of instancing, or single player only, being bioware, starwars and heavily story driven I'm fairly sure I'll love it.

I think I will like it, I generally like story driven RPGs. Its merely a question of whether I like it enough to warrant a monthly fee for it, or whether I end up thinking there are other games out there which do similar for free. The factor in that for me will be whether its got enough MMO in it to warrant an MMO fee.

Soldato
ToR is an MMO. Its the same as any other MMO, many real life players in a persistent online world who you can interact with.

Like all other MMOs, it uses instancing for "Flashpoints" (story arcs). You can elect to go it solo or group with friends, chat, trade and travel.

The major difference is that ToR will be story driven. About 30-40 novels worth of story content is present. For replayibility, each class with have there own adventure and story. No, absolutely NO story content or quest is repeated in any class.

:) Im looking forward to it. I got bored of WoW ages ago.

Soldato
To give you an idea on how big it is. Think of every bioware game including the ones not out yet like dragon age. Thats how big the star wars game will be if not bigger, and thats not me making it up thats a fact on there site.

Man of Honour
ToR is an MMO. Its the same as any other MMO, many real life players in a persistent online world who you can interact with.

Like all other MMOs, it uses instancing for "Flashpoints" (story arcs). You can elect to go it solo or group with friends, chat, trade and travel.

The major difference is that ToR will be story driven. About 30-40 novels worth of story content is present. For replayibility, each class with have there own adventure and story. No, absolutely NO story content or quest is repeated in any class.

:) Im looking forward to it. I got bored of WoW ages ago.

See that story content is what i would be interested to know more about. How precisely will it work? will other classes/players have the same quests as me? if not, why would they group with me? are all the quest storylines instanced like city of heroes? how does the story quest work, can i turn against my group or must i follow the good or bad line in the quest? how many people can i have in my group? how many in a raid? how many in a "Dungeon", are they all instanced or open shared?

Soldato
See that story content is what i would be interested to know more about. How precisely will it work? will other classes/players have the same quests as me? if not, why would they group with me? are all the quest storylines instanced like city of heroes? how does the story quest work, can i turn against my group or must i follow the good or bad line in the quest? how many people can i have in my group? how many in a raid? how many in a "Dungeon", are they all instanced or open shared?

How precisely will it work?
- Thru quest lines i imagine, its not been announced.

will other classes/players have the same quests as me?
- No, there is no repeated content between the classes.

if not, why would they group with me?
- not revealed yet. Other classes can and do group with other classes for quests and "Flashpoints".

are all the quest storylines instanced like city of heroes?- some are, some are just normal quest like WoW.

how does the story quest work?
- not revealed yet

Can i turn against my group or must i follow the good or bad line in the quest?
- In the example "Flashpoint" on the starship bridge. In the storyline, you decide if the captain lives or dies. Everyone in the same group gets to make the choice I think. Its not been revealed what happens when group members select both, but it has been catered for. I presume that whatever choice you make will give either Dark or Light side points to that person.

how many people can i have in my group?
- not revealed yet

how many in a raid?
- not revealed yet

how many in a "Dungeon", are they all instanced or open shared?
- not revealed yet

Man of Honour
How precisely will it work?
- Thru quest lines i imagine, its not been announced.

will other classes/players have the same quests as me?
- No, there is no repeated content between the classes.

if not, why would they group with me?
- not revealed yet. Other classes can and do group with other classes for quests and "Flashpoints".

are all the quest storylines instanced like city of heroes?- some are, some are just normal quest like WoW.

how does the story quest work?
- not revealed yet

Can i turn against my group or must i follow the good or bad line in the quest?
- In the example "Flashpoint" on the starship bridge. In the storyline, you decide if the captain lives or dies. Everyone in the same group gets to make the choice I think. Its not been revealed what happens when group members select both, but it has been catered for. I presume that whatever choice you make will give either Dark or Light side points to that person.

how many people can i have in my group?
- not revealed yet

how many in a raid?
- not revealed yet

how many in a "Dungeon", are they all instanced or open shared?
- not revealed yet

I guess thats the thing, with so many not revealed yets, its difficult to get a grasp on how this works. I admit i have read some articles which make it seem more like neverwinter nights than an mmo, but we shall see. Bit worried about how grouping is going to work as nobody is going to have the quests i have

Back
Top Bottom