SweetFX

Caporegime
not by a lot though in my experience just a few fps

unless it's using the fake AA but most people just use it for colour correction and better lighting

bJN

bJN

Soldato
It certainly does on some games. Things like Red Orchestra, which is has a very washed-out look (intended) really come alive with SweetFX!

Caporegime
I see, cheers folks. So in your opinions do you reckon it offers a significant improvement in visuals (colour wise)

it makes a lot of games have less cartoon looking colours and more real world looking and it does generally make textures look a bit sharper although it can do the opposite, but often people use settings which make the textures look to sharp and just stupid

BTW you can turn sweetfx on and off with a button on the keyboard.

I think it's printscreen or scrolllock by default

should be so subtle you can barely notice the difference, the above videos are just random ones and not exactly good examples but you get the idea

It's pretty much hollywood color correction for gaming

Last edited:
Soldato
Sweetfx is fantastic mate, I use it wherever I can. It just makes the image pop more, gets rid of that horrible washed out foggy look. Get yourself over to guru3d.com and check out the sweetfx thread in the game discussio. And also favourite sweetfx thelazy where you'll find thousands of configs, all the games will have comparison screenshots with it on and off and also you can download the configs.

Soldato
SweetFX is amazing if you know how to use it right. I often use it to add SMAA and a tiny amount of luma sharpen to some games that benefit massively. The performance impact is usually very small indeed.

Remember - subtlety is the key for sweetfx. Really minute amounts of tweaks are best. There are loads of presets people do and upload who have no idea and are way over contrasty and over saturated, crushing the life of black details etc etc.

See this site http://sweetfx.thelazy.net/

and then the presets on here for loads of games http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/ I recommend using "K-putts" configs for most stuff as he doesn't go over the top, and then learning to tweak things yourself from those.

Last edited:
Associate
Good question. Are re-shade and SweetFX 2.0 the same thing? I downloaded sweetfx for gtaV and it has a bunch of re-shade files, including an exe, looks like a setup file that needs to run but I havent done so myself and swfx did seem to work ingame.

GVUNeTB.jpg

Caporegime
reshade might just let you alter the settings on the fly with sliders I know there was a little app that did that but can't remember what it's called

edit just seems to be the new injector as part of sweetfx2.0

Soldato
Things got more complicated recently. I only learnt about reshade when I downloaded the sweetfx for GTA5 (because MSAA seems totally borked it that game, and causes stutter so I just use SMAA of sweetfx instead)

Just follow the instructions, though it was quite tricky for GTA5, having to rename stuff and then tweak a file so it starts deaactivated (to avoid menu stutter bug) and then manually activate it in game

Soldato
no need to rename anything in GTAV...download this one, I think its a lovely preset https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/3450/ all you gotta do is follow the instructions, very straight forward, nothing needs to be renamed. It's also default position is off, so when the game starts, you dont get the problem that other reshade GTAV configs have with the frames tanking to 1fps on the load screen. Just get into the game and hit scroll lock to turn it on. The difference is amazing, I love this config, night times look amazing at ultra.

Permabanned
Its a testament to how amazing PC gaming is and why it will always be my platform of choice. A big example for me in recent memory was Thief (2014 version) which was very washed out and flat until they worked wonders with SFX and made it so vibrant and quite pretty

Back
Top Bottom