SweetFX

Soldato
OP
Folks, Im a bit puzzled by something.

Does SweetFX influence the actual GTA 5 settings? Or is it just something external to the GTA graphics settings?

For example. I notice that when its first loaded the FPS is a fair bit lower, but then if I go into the GTA 5 settings and say change AA from 2X to 4X from from 2X down to off, the FPS suddenly picks up (and that's with the Sweet FX enabled).

Have I inadvertently turned something off whenever I change something in the actual GTA 5 graphics settings?

Also, any chance someone can send or post wunkleys settings? Much appreciated :)

Soldato
OP
Cheers wunkley, will give that a whirl now.

But what I have noticed when I change a setting in GTA5, and when SweetFX deactivates and then I reactivate it (as you said above), the FPS stays the same, but the colours do change.

However I cant for the life of me tell if there is anything different non-colour wise (if that makes sense)...

Soldato
OP
I don't get it, the FPS in the game takes a serious hit with these sweet FX configs, especially at night in the desert?

But if I go into the GTA 5 settings and manually apply the AA there, the FPS sky rockets back up again, what gives?

Soldato
OP
Ok but can the SXAA in the game be different to that of the SweetFX variant?

I cant believe the frame rate drops so tremendously with the SXAA in Sweet FX compared to GTA5.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Do ya mean FXAA? the sweet FXaa does hit your FPS quite a lot, so its best to use the ingame one along side sweets SMAA.

I see, so set FXAA in game to ... whatever it is? (on or 2X)?
And set SMAA in Sweets to "1" in the config?

But whatabout the other SMAA settings in the SMAA section?

Soldato
OP
I think you're getting a tad confused fella. Easiest way is just to turn off ALL in game AA. Then just use SMAA in the sweetfx settings, which is how my config is set anyway.

Also, I think this new reshade injector that's part of some sweetfx configs now including gta5 is more taxing now than 'old' sweetfx.

I run the game at a locked 59fps now using a framerate limiter with the monitor refresh set at 60 though on a pair of 780Tis which can handle it with ease. It's a weird one GTA5 running on a rog swift with gsync. As usual nothing is simple when it comes to SLI and gsync/ stutter issues. If I run the monitor at anything other than 60hz I get little stutters (ie 85, 100, 120 or 144hz causes microstutters). If I don't limit the fps to 59 I get little stutters. Weird I grant you, but doing what I do makes GTA5 perfectly smooth.

It is just beautifully smooth the way I have it now, totally stutter free and I'm pretty much at max settings. The more I play this game the more impressed I am with it all, including the visuals and the performance. Devs did a fantastic job on the pc version for once!!

I think you're right bud, totally confoozed myself :D

But fully understood what you are saying about in reference to SMAA and FXAA.

Out of interest though, noticed you are a fellow 780 Ti owner (or two rather).

I have one, you reckon its worth getting a second one to SLI for GTA 5?

But the stuff about locking frame rate, not sure why you have to do that? Is this a bug? Or just some sort of lack of issue which arises from the use of SLI-ed 780s and your ROG etc?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom