switching isp help?

Associate
hi there

so my internet connection seems to have become a little unstable over past 2 years. im with sky in the vauxhall area, originally when i joined i had a good stable 10mbps connection when i tested with speedtest.net.

then about a year down the line i started getting weird tones played in background of my dial tone when i pick up my phone, and speed seem to have dropped to 7-8mbps which is still okay.

now recently when i dial the first digit on the phone it doesn't seem to register the first digit i press, so if i was to dial 0207..... i need to randomly press any digit before the first 0. i figured this out as i pressed any first digit instead of playing the tone for that number it would be silent, then any digits after would sound a tone.

but worst of all every time i get a phone call on the land line i loose connection.... the speed still 7-8mbps.

some stats from my router
ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 9538 kbps 1022 kbps
Line Attenuation 33.0db 20.5db
Noise Margin 5.7db 6.0db

i already gave sky a call and they said they can make my line more stable by lowering the speed but i dont want to lower it

do you guys think changing isp can help? or can it be a problem with the actual copper wire of my BT line.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom