Synology NAS

Associate
Hi guys!

I have issues with accessing my NAS via wifi. I can't seem to find the drive on the laptop connected to WiFi modem.

Connection is as follows:

NAS-EE Hub-Network Switch-Asus Router

As you can see, the nas is connected to the EE hub and if I connect to the EE Hub wifi, it can be found, however, connecting the the Asus Router Wifi, I can't find the NAS.

Any support would be appreciated.

Soldato
Why do you have an EE Hub and ASUS router on the same network. They both do the same job. Unless there’s a specific need you only need one of them.

Associate
OP
Why do you have an EE Hub and ASUS router on the same network. They both do the same job. Unless there’s a specific need you only need one of them.
We router is connected to BT phoneline, its an old building. The WiFi on the router is turned off so I only use the Asus. EE Hub basically acts as another switch.

Soldato
My guess is there are two devices on the network with the 192.168.1.1 default router IP address. And the ASUS router probably is trying to hand out DHCP addresses as well. I’m surprised the OP isn’t seeing loads of IP address conflicts.

Soldato
Connect the laptop to the EE WiFi and at a command prompt type “ipconfig /all” without the quotes and paste the results in here. Then connect to the ASUS WiFi and do the same. This’ll most likely highlight which of the specific issues already mentioned here is happening and we can advise.

Back
Top Bottom