Syscooling waterblocks

Soldato
Hey,

I recently bought a Gigabyte G1 1080GTX, was fed up of having a PC with no GPU so just went for it.

I was searching for a water block for this card, and annoyingly the only one I could find was an EK one which was £110 and not the plexi version.

I quite frankly find that price insulting.

So, I had a look around online, using AliExpress I can across a company called SysCooling which makes blocks for various cards.

The description said Gigabyte G1 1060 full cover, made no mention of a 1080 in the description. But based on the fact the 1080 G1 and the 1060 G1 are built using the same exact PCB (just minus some Mosfets) I decided to take a punt. I actually found one on the bay for £50 posted.

It arrived today, I promptly installed it.

It actually works perfectly, very well made block.
Oh and it has a Multi LED light strip built into the block! With a remote, that will allow me to change the colors included :O

Here is a Photo:

Soldato
OP
I think it's a bit early to make a call on whether it was a good deal, I fear at that price the materials may pose problematic as time goes on.

How's the cooling performance?
Might be a bit early.

Idle is @ 27C and full load using Kombuster is 38C after 30mins.
VRM area on the back of the car used to get to 97c under load with the air cooler and now it doesn't go over 47c (checked with a laser thermometer)

So at this moment in time, I'm pleased. Will i be saying the same thing in 6 months? No idea.

Soldato
I applaud people taking the plunge on things like this. I was very tempted to do something similar with my upcoming skinflint project, I have the same card and bought the terrifying expensive EK block you mentioned. Based on the fact it should still fetch a decent price when I upgrade next year.

Keen to see how you get on with this, looks nice. Let us know how it does long term.

Soldato
OP
Are you planning to do any gentle overclocking? If so, let us know how it goes!
I have the card running a 150Mhz increase on boost.
Which is around 2070 when it settles.
Hovers around the 38-40c mark on the GPU at the moment.

To be honest, I feel it would perform just as well as an EK block. The difference with an EK block is that they use thinner thermal pads. Even so, the vrm and memory temps are just fine.

Back
Top Bottom