System arrived - won't turn on

Associate
Hi all,

I have just had my new custom PC delivered (well collected it from local depot) pleased with the build and quality however it won't power on. Here's what does happen:

Upon plugging it in and turning the PSU on (I also get that little sound where it's drawing power) I get lights temporarily on the keyboard bottom and mouse however they don't stay on. I can see that power is going to the GPU as there is a constant light on it but no other lights are visible. No standby light on the PC (not sure if the case has one anyway) the PSU isn't working (fan not on)

I've checked the connector going into the mobo with no concerns but I'm not an experienced builder hence the custom configured purchase. I also got the check list advising various drivers had been installed so it suggests it worked??

Is the power button faulty? What should I be looking out for? I really don't want to have to send it back!

Help would be greatly appreciated!

Jon

Soldato
Some power supplies such as EVGA G2 have semi fanless modes so the fan won't spin until a certain temp/load. I find it hard to imagine that the switch would be faulty, but you can rule that out by shorting the power switch header pins on the board with a screwdriver.

Associate
OP
My PSU is: Kolink KL-600 600W '80 Plus Bronze'

Can I boot power up from the motherboard? Sounds a little risky though so is there a 'safer' way?

Associate
OP
Hi all,

Thought I'd let you know that I called tech support the next morning and they simply raised a ticket for it to be returned and fixed. I'm surprised they didn't ask me to performs a few checks to avoid costs implications their side and frustration in the prospect of another weeks wait from my side! I guess it's so not to void any warranty. Anyway here's to next week...

Thanks for the suggestions

Back
Top Bottom