"System failed due to CPU overclocking" but now works?

Soldato
Hey i noticed there was another one of these but desided to post my own so not to interfere as mine hasn't actually died.

My mum turned the pc on this morning and got that message saying taht the system had failed due to overclocking. But when she rebooted it worked. So what does that mean? Is my pc going to die? Or was it a one off? I need it to last till the new GTS comes out :(

Its an amd 3500, not sure what mobo as its 3 years old and was made by a company and i dont think i can even get into overclocking options.

Soldato
What program did the message spawn from? I've never known an error message to specifically blame overclocking. Its listed as an option in a list of possible issues sometimes in software errors but that seems a bit weird.

Soldato
OP
On start up i beleive it said overclocking failed or something. My mum isn't here now so i cant ask her exacly.

Pc running quiet slow.

Last edited:
Associate
Most likely the system was overclocked and has had a bad boot (prob not enough vcore) and disabled the overclock by swithcing the fsb from manual back to auto thus enabling the boot with standard fsb.

Associate
Hey i noticed there was another one of these but desided to post my own so not to interfere as mine hasn't actually died.

My mum turned the pc on this morning and got that message saying taht the system had failed due to overclocking. But when she rebooted it worked. So what does that mean? Is my pc going to die? Or was it a one off? I need it to last till the new GTS comes out :(

Its an amd 3500, not sure what mobo as its 3 years old and was made by a company and i dont think i can even get into overclocking options.

Gura sometimes does that even if it has not been overclocked ,would not worry about it mate !

Back
Top Bottom