System for £2000 inc peripherals

Associate
So looking at a PC for around £2000 pre-built (of if theres an option at sales for them to build it for me with a parts list) open to intel or ryzen systems.

Thanks in advance,

Mack

Associate
Standard answer, 3600+5700xt+ssd
Extended answer, 3700x for the streaming bit if you can run to it.

If your go for a gsync monitor then get a 2070s instead.

Caporegime
Not finished yet as I'm sure I can tweak it better to improve on the price - but just to get things moving:

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £2,182.75 (includes shipping: £0.00)

Things like cases, mice, and keyboards are especially subjective so if you think anything looks bad then we can adjust accordingly. I've selected the speakers as they're the ones I have and I can certainly recommend them. The ram is decent but, for example, you can obtain the Crucial Ballistix Sport set (not here) which I think is slightly better and cheaper. Ideally, if looking to get into streaming or recording, I'd probably get two drives, one for your OS and the other for saving the gameplay to. I might be back later. Hope this helps a bit anyway. :)

I'll drop in some headphones later/check out some bundles.

The monitor is a TN but a VA or IPS are better for viewing angles and overall image quality, so that's another possibility.

Ooops...I need to factor in Windows as well. :o

Last edited:
Associate
OP
cheers for the help, 2k would be my absolute maximum but ideally looking for less if possible, maybe around 1600? also do overclockers build the system for you?

Caporegime
Yeah, they can build it for you. I'm just doing something at the mo then I'll start trimming the price. You could probably lose some of the cost on the case and second drive, for now. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
cheers for the help, 2k would be my absolute maximum but ideally looking for less if possible, maybe around 1600? also do overclockers build the system for you?

They can build the system but will have to add that to your overall system cost, personally id get a different case to the one listed above, nothing wrong with it I just feel that's an area where you can save some cash

Associate
You may opt for the MSI b450 and save some money. Also the Dell S2719DGF is Freesync ready, but works perfectly with my RTX 2080. 350 pounds shopping around. Some pretty good RAM 3200 at the 80-90 mark, which should overclock easily to 3600.

Caporegime
Ok, bit of a revision here. I've still yet to factor in Windows though that can be found cheaper elsewhere, so I hear. They will charge you for building the system though it shouldn't be much.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,689.70 (includes shipping: £0.00)

I'm not clued up with headsets but I think the hyperX Cloud I've linked used to be highly regarded, though I don't know what's the current VFM choice at present.

The 3600 is a great CPU for the money (6 cores/12 threads) so should handle streaming quite well. You can always substitute it with a 3700X but that might not be necessary.

I've tried to place some emphasis on the monitor since whatever you do with the computer, you're always going to looking at a screen so therefore it should be high priority, IMO. Ideally I wanted to link a G-Sync and FreeSync compatible screen but so many were out of stock, so this FreeSync 2 model looks to be stellar for the cash (32" VA 1440p). The HDR on it won't be a true HDR experience but it's better than nothing.

Always source other opinions before shelling out. :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Monitor altered to a better one. :)

Not sure how well the case will cope with the heat from the system though I believe the make is good. If you do go with that case then I would add some extra fans to help the airflow intake.

Last edited:
Soldato
Last edited:
Associate
OP
Just thought i'd give everyone an update, had a stroke of luck and one of my new neighbours (live in an apartment with communal grounds) likes to build, so managed to sort it. question about the monitor though if i may (i can stretch the budget a bit more now as well) does freesync monitors work with nvidia cards?

Back
Top Bottom