System is built...Now how to test...

Associate
Ok, so the new system is built...

Running

AMD x2 4200+
2GB GEil Ram
2x 6800 gs in SLI
with a seasonic 600w powering

Now I'm just wondering....how do I test this thing out, make sure it is the beast it should be?

What programs do I need to fully test this thing out and give it a run for its money?

Do I need to be doing anything to tweak the system now its built or windows to speed things up?

Thanks

Jay

If you need to be told what to do with your PC then you shouldn't have bought it. Surely you bought it to play games? FEAR, COD2, Oblivion should tax your system quite a bit.

:edit: If you mean benchmarks, then get 3dmark 2001, 2005 and 2006. There are others such as Aquamark you might want to try out.

I actually didn't build it for gaming, but will obviously play games on it here and there, and have tried a few out.

I mean, I know there are programs to fully max out the cpu, and make sure everything is running at a nice temp, and a lot of other programs I have heard of from these over time...these are more what I meant.

As for the benchmarking...what exactly will this achieve?

I wanted a system that would keep me going for a while, and although im not a big gamer now....who knows if I will be in a years time, so bought them both, just incase...rather have it than not I guess...

Also...what programs are out there for memory tests and the such....and also, are there any programs I should have constantly installed to monitor everything?

Or I could have the 6800's now, use them for a year and actually have the option of some semi decent gaming over the £60 video card and then buy two new fast ones, when and if I need them

Different things for different people I guess

Unromantic__Me said:
I wanted a system that would keep me going for a while, and although im not a big gamer now....who knows if I will be in a years time, so bought them both, just incase...rather have it than not I guess...

Also...what programs are out there for memory tests and the such....and also, are there any programs I should have constantly installed to monitor everything?
SLI & not gaming :confused:

Most of the Forum's in the Hardware Section have very good guides (stickies) at the top. Those might aid you in your quest :rolleyes: Also Windows & Other Software Forum (under Software) as a good Windows Tweaking, Performance & Security threads/guides.

It also helps to read other posts if you have no clue on what to do with your Dual-Core xxxGigabytes SLI etc etc PC :D

Back
Top Bottom