Tabletop Games in under 60 Minutes

Associate
Another recommendation for King Of Tokyo, I'll also add a huge recommendation for this years KennerSpiel Des Jahres winner, Isle Of Skye, a 4 player game is around an hour, a little quicker once you've played it once or twice, though it does depend on the group you play with... AP can be a big factor...

Soldato
Another recommendation for King Of Tokyo, I'll also add a huge recommendation for this years KennerSpiel Des Jahres winner, Isle Of Skye, a 4 player game is around an hour, a little quicker once you've played it once or twice, though it does depend on the group you play with... AP can be a big factor...

If you're recommending Isle of Skye, I'll recommend Port Royal from the same designer. Pirate themed push your luck card game for up to 5, plays in 40 minutes tops.

Alexander Pfister has been on fire - he's won Kennerspiel des Jahres the last two years running (the first time with Broom Service) and his heavier game Mombasa was nominated for Spiel des Jahres last year. I think Mombasa may have won Deutschespiel Preis 2016 as well. I'm looking forward to seeing Great Western Trail at Essen, it's near the top of my "possible buys" list.

Associate
I'd recommend Between Two Cities. A game usually takes no more than about 30 minutes and it's good fun. It uses a mechanic that I personally haven't come across in any other game of co-operative city building with your neighbors.

Soldato
Played a few games sub 1hr recently:

Forbidden Island
Colt Express
Bang!
Legendary (can go on longer but an hour is a reasonable target to aim for)

Back
Top Bottom