Tagan 800W BZ PCI-E lead

Associate
Happy New Year to everyone, this is a real shot in the dark I know but thought this might be as good a place to ask as anywhere.

My son's system is an upgraded case from my work which uses a Tagan Piperock 800W BZ power supply, which is the only original remaining part of the system.

It is still running fine and has never been any bother but unfortunately the original build only came with one 6-pin PCI-E cable (it is semi-modular) but the original spec sheet states it has two outputs for 6+2 pin PCI-E leads as well but the new graphics card he bought for Christmas (Radeon RX 570 OC) requires an 8-pin PCI-E lead.

I know that we should probably just upgrade the PSU anyway, but before heading down that rabbit hole, I wanted to check to see if anyone had a 6+2 pin PCI-E lead for the Tagan BZ series which would work? I thought it might be worth a try asking, as if the amount of spare leads I've collected over the years is anything to go by, some one might have one lying around. We'd be willing to buy it obviously (within reason) and cover postage.

An alternative, is the use of a 6 to 8-pin convertor lead. I've read mixed views on this approach so a clear view would be really appreciated. I've attached a screen grab of the specs for the PSU if this would help.

8-Specs-Table-2.gif

Any help or guidance would be really appreciated and hope you all are having a good start to 2019.

Cheers,

Ewan

Soldato
Really no sense to put money into that PSU.
Cables sure had fancy connectors, but capacitors are likely from second tier to total crap makers.
Actual manufacturer Topower never liked to use high quality capacitors, except for few accidents when all bean counters must have had sick day.
That design also has secondary capacitors well protected from cooling airflow.
While capacitors could be replaced, that wouldn't change that by tech advance standards its dark medieval age design.

And that case sounds like another medieval design, which uses PSU as case exhaust putting it under completely unnecessary extra wear.
Even "gaming" PC cases of big brands are still mostly outdated dozen years ago crap.

Soldato
Bitfenix Formula is good basic level with quality capacitors if fixed cable are acceptable.
Whisper M is pretty much same with modular cables.
After that next step up would be 10 year warranta Seasonic Focus Plus Gold serie

550W would be likely well enough for RX570.
Would have to be some heavily power hogging CPU otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom