Tagan BW 900w

Associate
Hi,

I have had this PSU for years now, since new (around 10 years I think).
It has never missed a beat and has served me very well.

Just wondering how long to expect this to last, what is the usual lifespan for them?

Thanks

Man of Honour
How long is a piece of string? There is no way to tell. It could die tomorrow or in several years time. I would have relegated that to testing purposes by now though and got a modern, far more efficient psu to replace it. Is that even 80+ certified? I don't think many of the Tagan psu's were launched after 80+ became the standard for efficiency.

Associate
OP
Yes it is over 80+ certified (copy/paste from website info "Environmentally Friendly at Over 80% Efficiency."
It was a great PSU back in the day, still not let me down so I was just curious as to the usual lifespan.

If it is 10 years old I would think of it more as a 700W PSU in order to consider degredation.
It may be fine, but I wouldn't want to be drawing 900W from it at that age.

I have a Corsair 750W PSU. It was on TWO sometime in 2007 perhaps? Anyway it was when OcUK was at the small business unit in Fenton. I paid something hilarious like £65 for it, as it was nearly $2 per £1 at the time! I have no plans to change it anytime soon.

Soldato
If it is 10 years old I would think of it more as a 700W PSU in order to consider degredation.
It may be fine, but I wouldn't want to be drawing 900W from it at that age.

I have a Corsair 750W PSU. It was on TWO sometime in 2007 perhaps? Anyway it was when OcUK was at the small business unit in Fenton. I paid something hilarious like £65 for it, as it was nearly $2 per £1 at the time! I have no plans to change it anytime soon.

I have the Antec TruePower Trio 550w, it was used when I got it, it's based on the same Seasonic platform as the original Earthwatts series - it's now powering a Core i3 and a GTX 1060 perfectly happily. I've replaced the cheap nasty OST capacitors, though.

Back
Top Bottom