Tales of the Jedi

Caporegime
Another epic little addition to the world.

New star wars stuff can be hit or mis but this is just glorious stuff.
Everything about it is right. The music the style.
Little 15 min episodes.

Just go watch it if you like Star Wars and particularly clone wars era stuff,
which i think has been some of the best In recent history.

A good year to be a fan. :p

LoL those farmer dudes getting rehomed to Alderaan. Going to have a terrible day in a few years time.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Never even knew this was coming out.

I've only seen the star wars and spinoff movies and the live action Disney shows, but I would say I'm a star wars fan.

Not seen any clone wars, bad batch or read any star wars books.

Is this for me?

rp2000

Last edited:
Soldato
The fall of Dooku. Really enjoyed that.
Followed by Ahsoka's building up to her inevitable show with Ezra and Thrawn

Last edited:
Soldato
Never even knew this was coming out.

I've only seen the star wars and spinoff movies and the live action Disney shows, but I would say I'm a star wars fan.

Not seen any clone wars, bad batch or read any star wars books.

Is this for me?

rp2000

You might enjoy the dooku sections. Ahsoka stuff might go over your head. Worth investing as she's probably one of their best introductions in the clone wars.

Associate
the last two Ahsoka episodes tie into the last season of clone wars and star wars rebel.

this episode tie into final season clone war episode, where Ahsoka and rex are trap on the jedi ship fighting clone soldier
basically how Ahsoka join the rebellion

Caporegime
You might enjoy the dooku sections. Ahsoka stuff might go over your head. Worth investing as she's probably one of their best introductions in the clone wars.
Watched first 3 episodes and really enjoying them!

I'm not a fan of this cgi style as movements look really unnatural. But I think it's the same as the clone wars style so I guess it's consistent for those who watch that show.

The qui gonn looked really good though and I could tell it was him from his 1st scene.

Not sure if these are in any sort of timeline or chronological order, as I'm not familiar with when Asohka fits into the timelines but so far the dooku, windu and qui gonn stuff seems to be chronological and all takes place pre Episode 1

first 3 episodes are maybe 35 mins in total, but more enjoyable (for me) than the 1st 6 of Andor!

rp2000

Last edited:
Soldato
Watched first 3 episodes and really enjoying them!

I'm not a fan of this cgi style as movements look really unnatural. But I think it's the same as the clone wars style so I guess it's consistent for those who watch that show.

The qui gonn looked really good though and I could tell it was him from his 1st scene.

Not sure if these are in any sort of timeline or chronological order, as I'm not familiar with when Asohka fits into the timelines but so far the dooku, windu and qui gonn stuff seems to be chronological and all takes place pre Episode 1

first 3 episodes are maybe 35 mins in total, but more enjoyable (for me) than the 1st 6 of Andor!

rp2000

There's 130 episodes in clones wars. Set between episodes 2 and end of 3. Ahsoka is introduced in the pilot roughly around episode 2.

I'd recommend a reddit episode guide to watch the best arcs (what I did).

After that watch Rebels (great!).
Then bad batch season 1. Season 2 is out on a few months.

It's star wars best IMHO after the original series. You then realise the prequels have aged like fine wine - bolstered by the series adding so much more depth around the clones and Anakin.

Then you're caught up. You'll then understand who she was looking for in mandalorian and set you up nicely for the future live action.

Last edited:
Caporegime
There's 130 episodes in clones wars. Set between episodes 2 and end of 3. Ahsoka is introduced in the pilot roughly around episode 2.

I'd recommend a reddit episode guide to watch the best arcs (what I did).

After that watch Rebels (great!).
Then bad batch season 1. Season 2 is out on a few months.

It's star wars best IMHO after the original series. You then realise the prequels have aged like fine wine - bolstered by the series adding so much more depth around the clones and Anakin.

Then you're caught up. You'll then understand who she was looking for in mandalorian and set you up nicely for the future live action.
I should have mentioned, I saw the original clone wars animation, that was a sort of 2 part mini movie. So I know about Asohka from that as she is anakins padwan. I just never got round to clone wars due to the sheer number of episodes, as you said! You are not the 1st who has said it's best to view certain arcs and not watch the whole thing!

Will try to finish Tales or the Jedi today or tomorrow.

rp2000

Soldato
I should have mentioned, I saw the original clone wars animation, that was a sort of 2 part mini movie. So I know about Asohka from that as she is anakins padwan. I just never got round to clone wars due to the sheer number of episodes, as you said! You are not the 1st who has said it's best to view certain arcs and not watch the whole thing!

Will try to finish Tales or the Jedi today or tomorrow.

rp2000
The pilot was awful- both animation and intro. Clone wars gets better and better.

Caporegime
The pilot was awful- both animation and intro. Clone wars gets better and better.
Possibly, its been a long time since I saw it to be honest.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_The_Clone_Wars_(film). this is what I am certain I have seen,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_Clone_Wars_(2003_TV_series) and i'm sure I watched this as well.

I'm certain I will not like the animation style of Clone Wars and Bad Batch as its all CGI, but if the stories are good, hopefully the weird movements won't bother me so much!

rp2000

Caporegime
Bump.

Finished this and was very impressed. Much shorter and more concentrated than the live action series, but just as good, in it's own unique way.

Loved the Dooku stuff and the Ashoka stuff was ok as well. It was much more "linear" than I thought. I was expecting some sort of anthology but it all flowed quite nicely, narratively.

Did not realise so many characters from the original trilogy would pop up and some characters had the original actors come back to do the voice.

It's labelled as Season 1 as opposed to Limited Series, so looking forward to who they focus on in the second season.

rp2000

Caporegime
Season 2 is coming on May 4th. Titled "Tales of the Empire" and focussing on Barriss Offee and Morgan Elsbeth. I only know the latter from Ahsoka and Mandalorian, never heard of the former.

rp2000

Back
Top Bottom